X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No way...

that I'm walking on this!
    http://www.destinationgrandcanyon.com/skywalk.html

I love to fly (licensed pilot since '82), I've even been know to jump out of a few airplanes, but there is no way I'd be taking a walk on this thing...

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
    '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
    Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Originally posted by bru333
    that I'm walking on this!
    http://www.destinationgrandcanyon.com/skywalk.html

I love to fly (licensed pilot since '82), I've even been know to jump out of a few airplanes, but there is no way I'd been taking a walk on this thing...
    I agree with ya. No way I'm walking out in that!

Comment

i think it will be cool!

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
      2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

its not that freaky looking... 71 million pounds...I don't think you will have anything to worry about.
        Greg W. in West Michigan
        1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
        1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
        1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
        1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
        1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
        <Motor out

Comment

I'd definitely go on that ... the view will be awesome when it opens next year

Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
          Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
          pics and info

Comment

that is bada$$. I guess i will go and see the grand canyon now!

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
            Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

I'd kinda like to see the canyon without a million pounds of steel overhanging it.
              1989 TA
              Flowmaster exhaust
              Ghetto CAI

1994 TA GT
              K&N CAI
              Magnaflow catback

www.nkyfba.com

Comment

Originally posted by carguy100200
                its not that freaky looking... 71 million pounds...I don't think you will have anything to worry about.
                It's not the intellectual part of my brain that would be worried. It's the instinct part that gets the heebee jeebies.

I wonder how long it will take after it opens before someone BASE jumps off it? 4000 ft up, that's a lot higher than any building or bridge. Winds and obstuctions might be a problem...not to mention security...

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
                Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

wuuussses

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                  Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                  sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

It's not the intellectual part of my brain that would be worried. It's the instinct part that gets the heebee jeebies.
                    I hear ya man...It would be freaky but hey if I was already there and everyone else was goin out on it, I couldn't wuss out.
                    Greg W. in West Michigan
                    1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                    1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                    1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                    1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                    1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                    <Motor out

Comment

Looks like a blast!! Bruce, this couldn't be worse than jumping out of a plane!

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                        Looks like a blast!! Bruce, this couldn't be worse than jumping out of a plane!
                        I don't know...just the thought of standing on a piece of glass 4000' up makes my palms sweat.

Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

I don't know...just the thought of standing on a piece of glass 4000' up makes my palms sweat.
                          It says they used over 1 million pounds of steel in the project. It is not solid glass I'm sure. And, you are probably right...I can already see the base jumpers planning a jump!

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                            It says they used over 1 million pounds of steel in the project. It is not solid glass I'm sure. And, you are probably right...I can already see the base jumpers planning a jump!
                            The floor is glass! 4" thick, but glass.

New Grand Canyon Sky walk

* Scheduled to open Jan. 1, 2006 Hualapai Indian Reservation
                            * Juts about 70 feet into the canyon, 4000 ft above the Colorado River
                            * Will accommodate 120 people comfortably
                            * Built with more than a million pounds of steel beams, and includes
                            dampeners that minimize the structure's vibration.
                            * Designed to hold 72 million pounds, withstand an 8.0 magnitude
                            earthquake 50 miles away, and withstand winds in excess of 100 mph
                            * The walkway has a glass bottom and sides...four inches thick

Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

The floor is glass! 4" thick, but glass.
                              Now that would be cool! They used to have a ride like that at AstroWorld in Houston. I think it was a type of plexiglass though.

Comment

Working...
                              X