Just saw something so very cute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just saw something so very cute

I had to trake the day off, my son was too sick to go to school. While he has been sleeping it off on the couch, I've been doing some car work.

Anyway, I'm out there in this beautiful weather, working under the hood of project 93 and I hear this "tap,tap,tap" then silence. Again, "tap,tap,tap" and silence. The car isn't running. I look around and don't see anything. Again, "tap,tap,tap". I look up into the tree and I see this Scrub Jay just sitting there looking at me. "tap,tap,tap." Now I know this Scrub Jay wasn't responsible, he was sitting there looking at me and wasn't moving. "tap, tap,tap" and again, silence. Then I see it out of the corner of my eye...... a small, and I mean tiny.... woodpecker going to town on this branch of the tree. This little guy had to only be about 3 inches long, I've never seen one so tiny. He's tapping away and obviosly not getting anywhere. Funny thing was right above it was the Scrub Jay, watching over like a mother hen. I'm going to keep my camera handy so if it hangs around, I'll take a pic. It's just one of those nature oddities that makes you appreciate life and also the things you miss when you're always doing the daily work grind.

What's a scrub jay?
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

heck, i thought he had found a picture of me......................

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

When you were last cute, they didn't have cameras yet. They engraved pictures in stone.

D&R Very, very fast.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
          What's a scrub jay?
          a Scrub jay is a relative of the Blue Jay, just not quite as colorful. From what I understand they are mostly found down in the deep south and are fairly aggressive. That's what is so odd about seeing the Scrub Jay watching over the minature woodpecker. Normally, the Scrub Jay would have run the little guy off.

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
            When you were last cute, they didn't have cameras yet. They engraved pictures in stone.

D&R Very, very fast.
            Now that's funny! LMAO....... btw don't worry. He won't catch you, his walker is only certified for 4 mph. What makes it worse is the tennis balls that are on the bottom of the back two legs create so much drag that he's limited to 3 mph tops.

Comment

to both of you worthless heathens....may the fleas of 10,000 camels infest the interiors of your f bodies...

walker.... i got your walker all right..........@#^%&&*$@#$@#

carved in stone, bet that stone would look good inserted in your (_!_)

hahahahaha

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

4 MPH rating.

It's not so much worrying he'll catch me (I can run pretty fast when fear takes over). It's what he'll do if and when he does catch me.

The stone treatment doesn't exactly sound enticing....

SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                  4 MPH rating.

It's not so much worrying he'll catch me (I can run pretty fast when fear takes over). It's what he'll do if and when he does catch me.

The stone treatment doesn't exactly sound enticing....

nah.... he's talking about his gall stones. It happens once ya get up there in years. Told ya, he's cranky.

Comment

knowing Kerm, he'll sneak up on us when we're sleeping, speed is irrelevant then . We'll just have to worry whether he could lift the walker high enough to thwak us with it.. I think the tennis balls will make it too heavy for him j/k

runnin and duckin and relocating to a smart (_!_) protection program
                    Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                    Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                    pics and info

Comment

Got him! Caught him hanging upside down. Remember, this little fellow is about 3-4 inches long! If you look close, about 5-6 inches down and to the right, you can see an acorn. His head is barely the size of the acorn!

Comment

cute little pecker
                        Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                        Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                        pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Island Red
                          cute little pecker

thats what they call em these days eh

d&r
                          1997 Camaro Z28 Pacesetter Long tubes, ORY-Pipe, Accel 30# Injectors, MSD Cap & Rotor, MSD Super Conductor Wires, NGK Irdium TR55IV Plugs, and Borla Catback. Madtuner Tune, SLP High/Low fan switch, NGK o2 sensors

New Longblock at 110,947 and everything above.

Comment

don't you guys realize,,,,,,,,,,,, thats JOes sick way of "giving you the bird".....................

good shot broh.....LOL

Comment

ps.

i put a turbonator on my walker........and high energy shocks on the suspension, so when i do catch you.....

its curtains................

kapish?

Comment

Working...
                              X