Saw this about the '06 ZO6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 02 WS6
    There is a dealership in our area that does this as well. You have to put a deposit on the car for them to let you test drive one. The lone C6 this dealership has in it's showroom (at least as of last week) has been there for over two months. Wonder why?
    Same thing around here... no Corvette test drives. If you want to drive one, you have to buy it first.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

All you have to do is find a friend with one and voila, you are taken care of.
      LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Chevy dealers are notoriously stingy with test drives for Vettes. And for no good reasons. I was with one of my more "well-to-do" family friends a couple years ago on a few test drives. He's middle aged, has owned several Porsches in his life, and wanted to test out the C5 Z06. He drives up to the dealership in his Audi A8L, wearing a Rolex watch, and the salesman gives him the run-around about test driving as if he was some kid looking for a joyride. They wouldn't even open the car up on the showroom floor, and they wouldn't allow a test drive without a deposit. Needless to say, he lost the sale immediately - my friend was very turned off by the whole experience.

So, what did he do? He said to me, "let me show you something." He got on the freeway, drove a couple exits to a Porsche dealership. He asked to test a 911 Turbo... with no hesitation, the salesman brought out the keys, and then looked at me and asked if I wanted to drive

Drastically different experiences indeed... the Chevy dealers need to get over themselves a little bit. Sweet car? Yes. Artifcat? No.
        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

It's really strange because the next Chevy dealer in our area will let you test drive anything as long as you have your license and insurance on you. That's the one we bought the HHR from, not surprisingly.
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
          X