The senseless mods list.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nightrage
    As stupid as it is, few can argue how awesome a nitrous purge looks. They don't get the power, but then again when do ricers gor for anything other than attention/ looks?
    I always used to conceil it so that nobody knew I had nitrous. I always thought that keeping it hidden was the ace up the sleeve. Oh well.....

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
      I always used to conceil it so that nobody knew I had nitrous. I always thought that keeping it hidden was the ace up the sleeve. Oh well.....
      If you're interested in winning it is. I forget where I saw it, but it basically sums up the visual effects of nitrous- "Purging nitrous before you race is like flexing your muscles before you kick someone's @$$".

If I had nitrous, I'd purge it like heck. I love the way it looks
      Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
      SOLD- Kinda miss it
      94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
      SOLD- Good riddance!
      2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
        Secondly, I've never seen the wheel size on the window thing. It takes a while for those trends to reach us here in the mid west.

Ok, here is what I've got do today.
        Put "18" and "19" on the C6 and "17" and "18" on the C5. Where should I put them? Do they put them on the side windows? Can you get a pic sometime? I'd really like to see what these crazies are doing now.

Btw, are you sure it's not their shoe size or their IQ?

Here ya go Norm...... you asked, you got it.

The concept cracks me up. Next it will be tire size.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
          you see... instead of showing off how much HP they have like us, the domestics...ie, 320HP, say on the hood... , they flex a number that reflects machoism in the import crowd cause they aren't making anything close to real hp.

let it stay that way....the next thing I would hate to see is their HP rating...ahem, mocking us.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

hahahaha.....The bumpers and ground effects arent even painted!! Now thats cool!
            Greg W. in West Michigan
            1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
            1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
            1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
            1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
            1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
            <Motor out

Comment

I think spinners are supremely stupid.

But one thing that really used to bother me when I lived in California, and lowriders were popular, was twice pipes (lake pipes) blocked off & non functional. Every lowrider had them along with police spotlights and that was my prime example of "stuff that don't do nuthin".

Another thing from back when was the way the brothers would mod a Lincoln MachIV in the 1970s with a 3" padded vinyl top, diamond shaped back window, and mohair interior in a kind of wannabe Superfly pimp motif.

Comment

Last week I actually got out during the day and aside from the crazy drivers I saw just as many crazy cars.

1) A Datsun pickup with a Jackson Pollack paintjob

2) A Mercury Tracer (think it was an 88?) with dual exhaust. The tips looked exactly like the 3.5" magnaflow tips but stuck out at least a foot, if not more, from the bumper

3) A kid in an eclipse on the highway either imitating the effects of torque steer or justnot being able to drive with a huge fartcan that no one had even tried to get under the car. The muffler in its entirety was behind the bumper and aimed up at at least a 70* angle. At least the shiny pipe matched the 19's he was rollin' on.

I didn't see this yesterday but I almost peed myself when I saw it.

->A HOT PINK Ford Festiva, complete with a simulated cowl that was riveted to the hood and a wing that was at least a foot and a half over the rear hatch.
                1989 TA
                Flowmaster exhaust
                Ghetto CAI

1994 TA GT
                K&N CAI
                Magnaflow catback

www.nkyfba.com

Comment

http://www.anti-rice.com/rice19/sadta3.jpg

ima go nuff said
                  1997 Camaro Z28 Pacesetter Long tubes, ORY-Pipe, Accel 30# Injectors, MSD Cap & Rotor, MSD Super Conductor Wires, NGK Irdium TR55IV Plugs, and Borla Catback. Madtuner Tune, SLP High/Low fan switch, NGK o2 sensors

New Longblock at 110,947 and everything above.

Comment

o....m......g..........mad pukage! yuck yuck yuck!
                    Greg W. in West Michigan
                    1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                    1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                    1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                    1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                    1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                    <Motor out

Comment

IDK guys. Looks like a pretty cool trend to me.
                      LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
                        IDK guys. Looks like a pretty cool trend to me.
                        Oh Norm..... say it ain't so.

Comment

Norm, if you do it I think the rest of us here will have to confiscate your Z06 as punishment until such time as you can be trusted to drive it again.

And by the way, that Firebird is hideous.

*Pam*

2002 Firebird 3.8 A/T - all stock
                          1998 Ford Contour SVT #1578 of 6535

Comment

LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

since you've gone this far, you have to add a big pedestal type wing, carbon fiber is preferred.

Comment

A neon effect from under the car would be nice also....
                                SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
                                X