keep this in mind

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keep this in mind

As you open your pockets for yet another natural disaster, keep these facts in mind:

Marsha J. Evans, President and CEO of the American Red Cross... salary for year ending 06/30/03 was $651,957 plus expenses.

Brian Gallagher, President of the United Way receives a $375,000 base salary, plus numerous expense benefits.

The Salvation Army's Commissioner Todd Bassett receives a salary of only $13,000 per year (plus housing) for managing this $2 billion dollar organization.

No further comment necessary...!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

The Red Cross was lambasted for what they did with the 9/11 funds. They were called out and still defiantley denied any wrong doing. When I give to disasters, it's NEVER to the Red Cross. I try to give to funds that either have a good track record, or places that are 100% non-profit, and show proof of where your donations ended up.

Good post, Ken.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I realy like how the Salvation Army goes about there operations (the limited stuff I know about). Alot of Good Will type stores will sell stuff for profits but salvation army stores give stuff away to people who need it and mainly want to just cover operational costs w/o alot of thought about turnning a profit.

Also in varrious citys there out night after night feeding homeless and the poor off in the mobal soup wagons and handing out blankets and stuff like that to the people who realy need help. I think they do the best job helping people in need with their immediate needs for servival.

I remember when 9/11 happened and charities were being talked about negatively the guy who played Cliff in cheers was going on how well the Salvation Army uses it funds properly. Each charity is set up for a function, for the red cross it's more medical and it is more global. Not that I am defending the red cross
      94 Formula Firebird, 355, heads port and polished, cc503 cam, 30# injectors, PCMforless Tune, B&M 2400 stall, K&N CAI, BBK Sorty Headers, Magnaflow Highflow Cat, Borla Catback exhaust with electronic cutout.

Comment

Working...
      X