rental car tire pressures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rental car tire pressures

I've probably rented about 10 cars within the last year from Enterprise. And it never ceases to amaze me that every single one of these cars had incorrect tire pressure. They've ranged from 18 psi all the way to 40 psi. I've never had one that was correct. The most recent car was a nice new '05 Grand Prix with 12k. Tires were 23 or lower all the way around. You could even visually see them low. I wonder if there are any blowouts, ever, due to low pressures. Who is responsible?
    Anyone else experience this, or is this just from my local renter place?
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Enterprise...... ha! The last 5 times I rented from Enterprise, each car had problems. The last one had to be towed into back to the establishment. They changed the oil right before I picked it up. Problem was they forgot to refill with oil. Needless to say I didn't get far.

The time before that, the tire was losing about half the air overnight.

The time before that, the transmission went south.

I seem to have terrible luck with rentals. And no, I didn't cause those problems. Well, I did return one once after doing quite a few sustained burnouts, they never seem to look at the tire tread when you return them.

Comment

thinks thats bad, you should have seen the pressures on the Postal Service trucks when I did a survey about 4 years ago..........went to four locations with the PO Fleet Manager to prove a point, Denver, Atlanta, Buffalo, and PA...its was a disaster....

stoooooooooopid...just plain sttooopid not to maintain proper tire pressure, both from a life cycle costing side to safety side.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I was wondering if it was just Enterprise...I guess them and others always have problems.
        Joe, I've had problems with miscellaneous lights but have broken down so far...so I guess my luck is still good. That must have sucked to have them actually break on you!
        I drove a Grand Am with with SES light all the way to LA and back (800 miles); the Grand Prix I just drove had some kind of low coolant light...but the coolant level was OK; I had a Sebring (ugh) that somehow would constantly soak the rear passenger's carpet with some kind of fluid. The only cars without problems was a Dodge Increpid, I mean Intrepid, and gutless 4 banger Camry. I guess they simply don't maintain their cars, so it's hit or miss depending on how the previous renters abused them
        94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

I was hoping you'd chime in on this Ken. What kind of pressures would be too low for a passenger car, intermediate size (i.e. Grand Prix)? If I were ignorant about cars and tires...and were to drive 400 miles at 80 mph...would I have a blow out at 20 or under PSI?

Comment

Working...
          X