favorite road/car chase films of all time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• favorite road/car chase films of all time

what are your favorite road/car chase movies of all time here is my first choice smokey and the bandit
    http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
    C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
    mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

Good choice. Another Favorite is Cannonball Run. Also....The Wraith, American Graffiti, Heart like a Wheel (Shirley Muldownly Story).

Comment

i thought i would leave some of the classics for the rest of you guys and gals other wise i would have gone on for a whole page my self but any film with burt Reynolds and a vehicle in it get my vote
      http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
      C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

Comment

The Mustang and Charger chase in "Bullitt" by far!
        1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
        Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
        Trans: TH700R4
        Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

It's not a chase film, but my favorite car film of all time is LeMans with Steve McQueen.

For comedy, it has to be the Great Race........an absolute classic with Tony Cutis, Jack Lemon. Peter Falk, and Natalie Wood.
          2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

Gone in Sixty Seconds with a real mustang!

ALSO!! Theres a movie that I have not seen but heard about that has the John Vandame guy where there is a car chase with a 4th gen camaro, if anyone knows the name please tell me i would love to watch it!
            1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

Not exactly a "car chase" in the traditional sense, but the scene in Die Another Day where the Aston Martin faces off against the Jaguar was frickin' sweet

Comment

Lots of good ones posted already.

Dennis Weaver trying to get away from that Semi in "Duel", and from the same year "Vanishing Point".

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
                '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
                Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Cannonball With David Carradine ..not to be confused with cannonball run

Two Lane Blacktop with the black 55 and the judge

Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry (Peter Fonda)

Death race 2000 with Stallone and Carridine

lots of others that I cant think of now
                  1997 Trans AM WS6 vert
                  1 of 463
                  LT4 knock module
                  D. Goetz sub-frame connectors.
                  strut tower brace
                  SLP fan switch
                  160* t/stat
                  Drilled and slotted rotors/ Earls SS brake lines/ Hawk pads
                  DMS 1.5" progressive lowering springs

Pictures Here

Comment

I gotta say Smokey and the Bandit and Cannonball run....
                    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
                    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
                    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
                    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Black Dog with Patrick Swayze, Randy Travis, and Ice Cube. The movie was pure cheese, but there was one great car chase scene involving a 3rd gen Z28, a Monte Carlo SS, and a semi.
                      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                        Black Dog with Patrick Swayze, Randy Travis, and Ice Cube. The movie was pure cheese, but there was one great car chase scene involving a 3rd gen Z28, a Monte Carlo SS, and a semi.
                        i have to agree with you on that one great film

Comment

Originally posted by Benm109
                          The Mustang and Charger chase in "Bullitt" by far!
                          Definitely the best of all time. I also liked the "Eleanor" chase in Gone in Sixty Seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                            Definitely the best of all time. I also liked the "Eleanor" chase in Gone in Sixty Seconds.
                            "Are you ok? Cuz, you just went through that wall..." Gotta love it.
                            Greg W. in West Michigan
                            1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                            1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                            1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                            1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                            1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                            <Motor out

Comment

No one has mentioned Gumball Rally yet. That is my favorite car movie of all time.

Basically, the same concept as Cannonball Run. But the main cars are a Shelby 427 & a Ferrari GT. There is also a sweet 2nd Gen Camaro.

Randy
                              99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
                              93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

Working...
                              X