Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haha.... a fellow f-body owner tried to catch me snoozing.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haha.... a fellow f-body owner tried to catch me snoozing.....

I left work to go pick up my son from school, as I am slowing down for a red light, I see this 98+ silver Camaro vert come hauling up at a good clip. She has to hit the brakes pretty hard to stop for the light, as soon as she does...... she looks over and throws me a rev. Hahaha. I thought it was funny. Normally I wouldn't even think twice, but I was in my 94 V6, which those aren't known for blazing speed. I thought "What the heck". I"ve got 3.42 posi vs the stock open 3.23s, 285 GSD3s on all four corners, a Z28 catback, did the TB heat bypass, so I kinda wanted to see how it matched up against a 3.8

The light turns green and I drill the "tree" with a nice, hard launch. I'm already a car length out as she spins pretty hard trying to get out of the hole. I stop pulling as it's now a dead heat. I chirp a good 2nd gear and keep the lead, actually started to stretch it just a hair. Just after third I shut down, confident that this little 3.4 has enough oats to at least be respectable against it's larger 3.8 brother. I wasn't about to run it up to any great speed, just up a hair above the speed limit as to not draw any attention from Johnny Law. Of couse, we don't recommend street racing...... I swear I didn't even know she was racing, officer.

You are a bad bad boy.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

heathen..our other admin is a friggin heathen...........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

with the exhaust and wheels, she probably thought she was racing a Z28 and will go bragging that she hung so well with one.
        Dave M
        Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Now you picking on feistly young women ... have you no shame
          Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
          Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
          pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Island Red
            Now you picking on feistly young women ... have you no shame
            Hey...... she started it. Come to think of it, she really wasn't that young either.

Comment

Joey Joey Joey...you's has been a bad monkey!!! lol
              Steve
              79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
              87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
              93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
              http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

was she looking good?
                93 t/a A4 3.23s
                95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
                99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
                99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
                97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
                93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
                00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

Originally posted by TRANS AM IN EUROPE
                  was she looking good?
                  If that were the case, I think I would have approached the situation a little differently.

Comment

Working...
                  X