Dodge Challenger Concept

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodge Challenger Concept

Some lucky duck caught a glimpse of new Dodge Challenger Concept Car. Chassis is similar to the Charger, but is shortened in length and wheelbase.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...ck=1&cset=true

EDIT: Here's a good link. http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=103629
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

It says you must be a registered user for this story. Anybody else....
    1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 96 Zeee!!
      Some lucky duck caught a glimpse of new Dodge Challenger Concept Car. Chassis is similar to the Charger, but is shortened in length and wheelbase.

EDIT: Here's a good link. http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=103629
      I need a towel. I have drool all over my keyboard now.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

wow....
        Greg W. in West Michigan
        1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
        1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
        1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
        1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
        1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
        <Motor out

Comment

that rear is so serious it isn't even funny. OMgosh...wow.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Does it come with the Gerneral Lee horn as well? I like how it looks but I think they need to get away from just useing the Chrysler 300 chassis.
            94 Formula Firebird, 355, heads port and polished, cc503 cam, 30# injectors, PCMforless Tune, B&M 2400 stall, K&N CAI, BBK Sorty Headers, Magnaflow Highflow Cat, Borla Catback exhaust with electronic cutout.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian formula fun
              Does it come with the Gerneral Lee horn as well? I like how it looks but I think they need to get away from just useing the Chrysler 300 chassis.
              The General Lee horns were on the Charger not the Challenger. This is spoken by someone who got to ride in one of the series chargers back in about 1982.

Using an existing chassis helps to keep costs down and make it affordable.
              2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

My mistake about the horn it just looked like a bit like the general lee to me

I know why they use the same parts but it's a rather large chassis to begin with as a base, but it is a concept. It was a complaint alot of people said when the charger was announced as to be using it aswell.

I remember a few years back ford came out with a lifesized concept tonka truck. Everything on the car was original for that truck and alot of people reviewing the truck went on how expencive it must have been to make it.
                94 Formula Firebird, 355, heads port and polished, cc503 cam, 30# injectors, PCMforless Tune, B&M 2400 stall, K&N CAI, BBK Sorty Headers, Magnaflow Highflow Cat, Borla Catback exhaust with electronic cutout.

Comment

Any information about this vehicle? They're not going to put a trashy auto stick in it, or are they going to actually put a manual in?

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
                  Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

Here's a nifty link you can use to view the Chicago Tribune article:

http://bugmenot.com/
                    Joe K.
                    '11 BMW 328i
                    '10 Matrix S AWD
                    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by Blevyou know
                      Any information about this vehicle? They're not going to put a trashy auto stick in it, or are they going to actually put a manual in?

Nevermind. 6.1L strapped to a six speed....

Damn!

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
                      Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

Ill still rather have the 06' Zo6!!!

This thing will probably run 40-45k for the top of the line.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
                        2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Originally posted by thomas
                          Ill still rather have the 06' Zo6!!!

This thing will probably run 40-45k for the top of the line.

No, doubt about it!

Comment

Heck, they said they're only making 5,000-10,000 of these...That's very limited. Even the GTO was at least 15,000/year.
                            Joe K.
                            '11 BMW 328i
                            '10 Matrix S AWD

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 96 Zeee!!
                              Heck, they said they're only making 5,000-10,000 of these...That's very limited. Even the GTO was at least 15,000/year.
                              That's what they said about the PT Cruiser. When they sold, they made more. I would bet they would be within $2000 of a Charger.

Comment

Working...
                              X