Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ok, long as were' doin "pics"..lets see some old toys...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wolfman
    one more for history sake......who know's where this is and when it was taken and what cars are involved......

it was stolen without permission and is used as the icon pic for the f body web ring.......

Ken,

I believe that this picture was taken in front of the convention center in Atlanta during the first F-body Gathering (1997?) and the cars involved are: your Comp TA (#139), Andrew Mattei's Camaro, and the prototype Comp TA is on the right. Just my guess...

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by bn_bullet
      Ken,

I believe that this picture was taken in front of the convention center in Atlanta during the first F-body Gathering (1997?) and the cars involved are: your Comp TA (#139), Andrew Mattei's Camaro, and the prototype Comp TA is on the right. Just my guess...

Brian

close, actualy, the picture was taken on the way back from the first F body gathering.....at the Charolette NC Motor Speedway Headquarters, moments after the picture was taken, they made us move the cars, ............look way in the back, see the red forumla, belonged to a guy named Stan, he parked back there to "block" for us...

it is my Comp T/A on the left, but thats Colin MacDonalds Camaro SS, 1 96 (Andrew had a black z28 convertable) . Colin's Camaro went on to become quite famous in the show circuit, got a ton of cosmetic stuff done to it as well as getting a blower, and a bunch of stuff that threw it up around 650HP.... the car on the right belonged to my dealer, CJ Barnett, he went to Atlanta with us, to meet with Matt Murphy, slp's east coast sales rep at the time, to begin his involvement selling slp cars...(i was the first to get one from him, he knew nothing about them). that 97 black TA got what his dealership called the "Barnett perf. package"....and included a stripe.

the prototype CompTA was blue, with white stripes pinstriped with red...

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
        Hey Fred, I guess I was not surprised by the B&W film, but what did shock me was that your first "car" was not being pulled by a horse!

D&R!
        Buddies of mine had Model A's..... . My dad had a 1936 DeSoto cabriolet. I learned how to drive on his 1941 Ford pickup.

The B&W photos are "Polaroids"..... the 53 was a cream color with green interior (ughhh), the 56 was Matador Red with white, the 63 was dark green metallic.

After that, but I need to find the pictures:

-68 Firebird 350/2 bbl, WR 4-speed, 3.23 Posi. Dark blue metallic with white interior
        -73 Grand Prix 455HO/turbo-hydramatic (just the car to own when the Arabs turned off the oil supply ) Dark metallic brown with saddle vinyl top and interior
        -75 Alfetta GT, 2L 4-cyl fully reworked by Bobcor, 5-speed manual transaxle, with inboard reat disc brakes. Sapphire blue metallic - my only "foreign car".
        -an endless stream of staion wagons to lug three kids around in.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
          Not really my car, but I thought I would steal Ken's pic to show "my" '83 RX-7
          in the background there. I had one exactly like that before I had my Camaro. I loved that car...cornered like it was on rails and was decently quick, but it was slowly falling apart. Before that I had a crappy '81 Honda Accord I bought when I was in HS for $600. LOL It doesn't warrant showing a picture.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by TODD 2000 V6 CAMARO
            Not really my car, but I thought I would steal Ken's pic to show "my" '83 RX-7
            in the background there. I had one exactly like that before I had my Camaro. I loved that car...cornered like it was on rails and was decently quick, but it was slowly falling apart. Before that I had a crappy '81 Honda Accord I bought when I was in HS for $600. LOL It doesn't warrant showing a picture.
            did ja notice the tag on my 84? hee heee

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
            X