Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do we get to drive a top fuel dragster?
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by 88bird5spd
      do we get to drive a top fuel dragster?
      Yeah, but its going to be on a conveyor that is going the same speed as your alternator. Figure that out buddy!
      1994 Z28, 6 spd, LE2 Heads, GM 1.6 RR, .026" head gasket, SLP: CAI-Headers (CARB legal)-ypipe-2 on the left-lightweight flywheel-short throw, Random tech cat, CF dual friction, LT-4 KM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean 94z28
        No. I asked that ratios be averaged, and not simple whole numbers. That is not mathmatically correct.

She correctly answered the average of 30 and 51, and 30 and 60, respectively. She did not answer how to average 51 and 60 MPH for 2 miles after you have already travelled one mile at 30 MPH.

It may have been worded less than perfectly, but it most certainly wasn'yt worded in a way that would make those answers correct.

Maybe I should have said how fast the wheels were moving.
        She was right on according to the way you proposed the question as a 2 part, 1 mile each, average. In other words your question seemed to ask for the average of the two equal halves of the total distance. Averaging an integer representing each mile as a whole. Clarity is a beautiful thing!

But, I see what you meant.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean 94z28
          You drive your F-body 30MPH through town for 1 mile. You're late for an appoinment and you are going a total of 2 miles from your start to your destination. Now that you have 1 mile of open road to go (assume no speed limit), how fast will you need to go to average:

51 MPH (you'll be just on time)?
          or
          60 MPH (time to spare)?

If you're already late for the appointment, then it doesn't matter how fast you go you won't get there on time!
          Dave M
          Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Maybe you can pull a Superman and go back in time. I mean it's an F-body, it can do anything!!
            Joe K.
            '11 BMW 328i
            '10 Matrix S AWD
            Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Working...
            X