Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Workout guys, Felt a lot of pain tonight, help!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workout guys, Felt a lot of pain tonight, help!!

Tonight was another chest and bicep day. Got a great chest workout in, then moved on to biceps.

I always start my bicep routine with standing barbell curls. The bar weighs 45-50 pounds. I will do one set of just the bar for 25-30 reps, until I get a burn just to warm up. I always stretch very good before working out.

Well, after my 3rd rep I started to feel a pain in my forearm. It felt like my bone. Here is the spot...

I only could do 10 reps, the pain was kinda bad. I figured I would suffer through it. Stacked some more weight on, figured I'd curl 65 pounds, after 2 reps the pain was bad, after the third it was so bad it felt like my arm was going to snap. Dropped the weight and massaged the pain away. It was very painful. Never felt pain that bad. I'm not sure what the problem is.

My dad suggested that maybe the muslce is stronger than my bone. Didn't make much sense to me. I am very very lean. I have very little fat, but I curl a lot of weight. For my final barbell curl set I will do 100-105 pounds. Only for 5-7 reps tho, depending on the day. Maybe I'm doing too much weight?

I hate missing a workout. I'm going back tomorrow to work triceps. I'm going to give my biceps another go and see how it feels.

Any idea what it could be? What caused it?
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

It's probably a tendon. If it starts hurting, the worst thing in the world is to do another set with more weight, and then another set after that, and then do the same muscle again the next day. Guys new to weight lifting usually try to do too much weight with not-so-good form and bounce the weights and stretch their tendons all outa shape then get sore & quit. Chest & biceps should be done on different days because the chest day is also working the triceps pretty much, so do triceps & chest then do biceps on the next day instead with some other muscle group AND EAT YOUR SPINACH!!!.

Comment

tendon. stabilizer tendon in fact. you are making the mistake alot of body builders make, using too much weight, so by doing so, you are having to use more of your "other body" to do the excercise....... to isolate the bi's......you need ony use enough weight to do short curls from a standing position ..stopping at the wasite and bringing the weight up to the shoulder ......keeping the the dumbell flat the whole time, not verticle then rotating it horizontal after lift off..... big mistake alot of folks do.... no offense.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

i'm not new to working out. The weight I'm using is not too much for me. My form is very good. I never use my back to thrust weight forward. It's just weird because I can do my routine twice a week, just monday I did the same weight. Bar, 65, 75, then 95. Did it, felt great, no pain. Then today with just the bar it was killing me.

Kevin, this could get into a debate but I have to disagree about the chest n tricep bit. When you work the chest, you are also working your tricep as a secondary muscle. If I were to do chest and tricep on the same day, that would be 4 exercises of my chest, and also working the tri's a little, then another 4 exercises for my triceps, which would be overtraining and only cut into my recovery time. I never do that.

I only stacked on more weight because the pain with the bar was bad, but I was willing to suffer through it. But it just got too painful.
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Wow man. This is the exact same problem I used to have. My doctor told me that it was the muscle coming off of the bone. I had a hard time believing him. I had been going steady for at least 6 months. Bumped my bench up from 80lbs to 140lbs, dumbell curls went from 15lbs to 40-45lbs, then I started getting pains in my elbows, shoulders and forearms. They told me I was using too much weight. I guess it makes sense, but my muscles handled it fine. I stopped for a long time. Started again, got the pains, stopped again. This was when I was 16. I don't get many of the pains anymore.

I can almost guarantee you that your pain will be back tomorrow. You'll feel it by the third rep of your first set. It will probably be five times worse than it was yesterday. For me, it got to the point that I'd get the dumbell 1/4 of the way up and then drop it because the pain was so intense. I rarely train my biceps anymore because I'm afraid of these pains coming back. Feels like someone's jabbing a knife into the muscle. I guess I should start training them again. I'll look pretty silly if I get to be 210lbs of lean muscle with 14" biceps! Keep us posted. I'm really interested in what the problem is, as no doctors ever figured it out for me.
          Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
          SOLD- Kinda miss it
          94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
          SOLD- Good riddance!
          2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

try taking an anti-inflamatory pain killer

SOLD 1995 Trans AM 6 Speed 68k Miles - Ram Air, Borla Cat-Back, AR TTII's, JL Audio W6v2 Stealthbox and 500/1 MonoBlock Amp, Alpine Component Speaker Systems

Comment

Something to be said for Nautilus equipment in it's ability to isolate muscles. Less injuries too.

Comment

Working...
              X