Husband's gonna kill me...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Husband's gonna kill me...

Left the apartment today, and as I was driving past my husband's car, I noticed a scuff on the left front bumper. It's been parked on the street since he left on deployment, though I've been driving it off and on to keep it from sitting. How hard is it to parallel park on a residential street without hitting the cars around you?? Grrr...

*Pam*

2002 Firebird 3.8 A/T - all stock
    1998 Ford Contour SVT #1578 of 6535

Sorry to hear about that. I know what you mean though about parking on the street. I try never to do that because you just can't trust the other folks out there.
    2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

Check to see if it's thru the clear coat. If not, it can be buffed out. How about getting it fixed before he came back. He'd love you for it.
      LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
        Check to see if it's thru the clear coat. If not, it can be buffed out. How about getting it fixed before he came back. He'd love you for it.
        and dont tell em about it either.......

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
          and dont tell em about it either.......
          Amen to that... I think it can be buffed out. I'm just pissed because people around here do that all the time and never leave a note or anything.

*Pam*

Comment

Originally posted by braindeadracefan
            Amen to that... I think it can be buffed out. I'm just pissed because people around here do that all the time and never leave a note or anything.
            You sound surprised...

I know what you mean. If that happened 20 years ago, they probably would have left a note. It's the degradation of society.

Wow... I sound old.
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I've learned to adjust my drive to the trip. In other words, if I'm going somewhere where I can't watch my car, I drive my beater. My friends think I am being over protective, right up until the minute they have something like this happen to them.

One time, I went into my friends apartment just long enough to feed her cats. I had driven her there so we could then go get a bite to eat afterwards. We left her car at a friends. Well, when we came out of the apt, we found that my 02 Z06 had been vandalized.

Do I hate people? You betcha. Now I conceal and carry. I hope, for both theirs and my sake, that I never catch them. They'll be dead and I'll be in jail for killing a POS.

Comment

I've learned to adjust my drive to the trip. In other words, if I'm going somewhere where I can't watch my car, I drive my beater. My friends think I am being over protective, right up until the minute they have something like this happen to them.

One time, I went into my friends apartment just long enough to feed her cats. I had driven her there so we could then go get a bite to eat afterwards. We left her car at a friends. Well, when we came out of the apt, we found that my 02 Z06 had been vandalized.

Do I hate people? You betcha. Now I conceal and carry. I hope, for both theirs and my sake, that I never catch them. They'll be dead and I'll be in jail for killing a POS.
                That sucks, Norm. People are very jealous. They can't own a car like that, so they vandalize the car of someone who can. It's disgusting.

My friends are always busting my stones for parking way out, even in my daily driver. I just chose to keep it looking nice. They can't understand that, yet they wonder why their cars are full of dings and scratches.
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                  That sucks, Norm. People are very jealous. They can't own a car like that, so they vandalize the car of someone who can. It's disgusting.

My friends are always busting my stones for parking way out, even in my daily driver. I just chose to keep it looking nice. They can't understand that, yet they wonder why their cars are full of dings and scratches.
                  Amen brother. I park way out at the end of the parking lot. I NEVER cross over the lines. I just park next to the curb so one side is protected. I just came back from vacation in Sierra Vista, AZ. My buddy has a 2000 FRC Corvette. He ALWAYS parks over the line and takes up two spots. This is even up close to the business. I told him he would never do that in KC as his car would be vandalized every other day.

Here's how I park almost every where I go. This is actually at my office. I have a private stall and gave the spot next to me to my office manager.

Another shot.

Comment

That is too funny. Looks like you couldn't even fit a sheet of paper in there.

I will NEVER double park. It's just asking for trouble. My buddy's old Camaro was keyed at our local mall a few years back for doing just that. My T/A never sees retail parking lots, but my Wife's car and my Bravada do. I never go for the convenient spot. A little walking never hurt anyone.
                    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                    17K Miles

Comment

That is too funny. Looks like you couldn't even fit a sheet of paper in there.

I will NEVER double park. It's just asking for trouble. My buddy's old Camaro was keyed at our local mall a few years back for doing just that. My T/A never sees retail parking lots, but my Wife's car and my Bravada do. I never go for the convenient spot. A little walking never hurt anyone.
                      Its funny you mention that. I've seen people wait in their car for 5 to 10 minutes to get a closer spot at a store. These are the same people that pay $500/year for a health club membership. LOL

Comment

I've seen people wait in their car for 5 to 10 minutes to get a closer spot at a store.
                        i just don't understand...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

You sound surprised...

I know what you mean. If that happened 20 years ago, they probably would have left a note. It's the degradation of society.

Wow... I sound old.
                          Nope. 20 years ago there were still jerks that would drive off after crunching your quarter panel. We used to say stuff like:
                          You sound surprised...

Wow... I sound old.
                          That's the part that's really funny.

Comment

I'm not surprised, just annoyed. They did it to my T/A too before I sold it... almost parked in the same place. I went looking for corresponding scrathes on a nearby car carrying a hammer that time. I'm really nervous about what's going to happen when I leave town for a month. I don't know if I'll be able to lock his car in the garage, because they're supposedly doing "improvements" and need the garages to be vacant for a week. I may have to leave it on the street, unless I can find a way to get it somewhere safe, but I don't know where. No nearby friends with houses or anything.

*Pam*

Comment

Are you allowed to park it on the lawn for that time span?
                              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                              17K Miles

Comment

Working...
                              X