NFB: Avalanche SUV/PU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: Avalanche SUV/PU

anyone own one??? what do you think of them, the pros and cons and what kind of gas mileage do they get.

Thanks!!!!

Kevin Villier 2002 SS #186 - 6M with Hurst and "short-stick", T-Tops, navy blue, chrome SS wheels, Bilstein suspension, SS grill, BMR STB, chrome-moly panhard rod and LCA's, SLP SFC's, PPC LT's w/ RT hi-flo cats and hi-flo Y, TEA Stage 1.5 5.3L heads, TR224 cam, ASP pulley, SLP loudmouth, Direct-Flo lid, Holley Power-Shot filter, Mallory polished MAF ends, 4.10 gears.

Louisville, KY

SSOA F02-0186
    KY F-Bodies Unlimited

Have driven quite a few, like them a lot. Not sure about the gas mileage, but from what I hear from others, it's a silverado with a different body, everything else is the same. Very sweet rides.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Personally, I don't understand the point of them. Actually, they are a Suburban (not the Silverado) with the back top cut off. The fuel mileage is dismal (14/17).
      '77 K5 rock-crawler project
      '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
      '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
      '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
      '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
      My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
      Thomas Jefferson

Comment

They have a very good ride. Decent on gas, probably better than most p/u out there in there size. They also have a good resale value. My understanding is that there all on the same platform(silverado, suburbans ect) could be wrong though.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
        2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

The Avalanche is a great truck. I almost bought one beofre the T/A this year. I've driven a few myself and they are very comfortable. Gas mileage isn't going to be great, but it's a heavy truck with a V8. Can't help that.
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

All full size GM trucks are on the GMT-800 platform. The new GMT-900 trucks are coming online in 2006. They'll have a new Avalanche during that timeframe as well. If I was buying new, I'd wait. New trucks should have over 20mpg combined and be comperable in price with numerous improvements.

I like the idea behind the Avalanche. Gives you the ability to have a full size bed or crew cab without having to deal with a much longer/heavier truck.
            Joe K.
            '11 BMW 328i
            '10 Matrix S AWD
            Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

The only thing I dont like about it is when you fold down the back to make a full size bed your open to the elements but is a great idea.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
              2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Originally posted by thomas
                The only thing I dont like about it is when you fold down the back to make a full size bed your open to the elements but is a great idea.
                Not if you have the hard bed covers in place. When I was selling them years ago, I had customers tell me that they had used theirs while camping and slept half in the bed-half in the cab. Those hard covers are pretty water resistant and you can stand on them and jump up and down and you won't hurt them. I want one of those trucks pretty bad, but my wife wants an F-O-R-D. They are pretty cool trucks though, and very comfy.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Working...
                X