sound guys come in here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sound guys come in here

I have 2 kicker 12 in l7, they are 1500 watt 750 rms a piece. What amp/amps do I need to use?

Question
    1. How much money are u willing to spend?
    2. Do u have a prefference of brands?
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

If you want to keep everything Kicker, the KX1200.1 is supposed to be a good amp. I personally like the JL Audio products though. The 1000/1 would be perfect for those l7's, but it is pricey; about $600 or more. For alot less though, you could have the e1400d. It goes for around $220 on eBay.

Comment

That kx1200.1 is a great amp but u need 2 of those. You will be pushing it with the 2 L7's at 2 omhs. If this is going in ur Z, its over kill. Seriously. I have done my homework when it comes to these kickers. And i can tell u this, with one single 10 inch L7, its like having 2 15's. Ask my Brother, (AmericanZ28). Thats what he put in his. One word, "WOW." It all comes down to the shape of the box. I suggest that u try this, build one box to spec. with the L7 and try it with just one. Im telling u right now, u wont be disapointed. I dont know where people get off having a pair. I loved it being able to hang with dual 12's and 15's with the single 10'' L5 i had in my car. Its was all in the Correct size of the box for the speaker. This is what my brother and I put together. But u dont need to make it all nice, all u need is the box.

Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
          wow...that's clean.

and yes...I think it's overkill too...that's a lot of wattage! 3000 watts? I'd be worring about my hatch not desintergrating...not to mention the ear drums and internal bleeding you'll be sure to induce.

some folks like it like that...I'll just stick to my basslink.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Thats right... Yeah that was the system that i used to have in my Honda. Got everything stolen. And no they didnt take that apart, i had taken it apart to remodle it. and they happen to steal it when it was just all rolling in my trunk. but ya i put about 36 hours into that set up. it was solid as a rock. I surprised myself with this one. That was my first custom system i ever did, not to shabby for a 19 year old punk from LA... lol... But Yes try it with only 1 12''. Ill give the spec's for it if u'd like.
            Eddie
            2000 M6 Trans Am
            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
              Ill give the spec's for it if u'd like.
              naaaa...just giving credit where credit is due.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by 96z28
                I have 2 kicker 12 in l7, they are 1500 watt 750 rms a piece. What amp/amps do I need to use?
                Well I was taught that most speakers are blown because of underpowered amps rather than overpowered amps. When an amp reach it's limit it start clipping which turns the DC output to AC which cause the coils to heat up and burn through.

My advise is to get an amp that matches the speakers.

Is your sub output mono or stereo? If it's stereo I would get a 2 channel amp at 750 watts per channel assuming the ohm ratings are the same. If your output is mono I would get a 1500 watts rated at the same ohm as the speakers and wire them parallel.
                2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
                X