Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with my Suburban

I have an 02 Suburban Z71

1) I am getting a flaching check engine soon light - it is throwing a "P0300" code - randome or multiple misfire - any ideas?

2) The battery went bad in it - just so happened my 02 T/A was sitting in the garage with a brand new battery. I swapped it into the Suburban. The battery in the Suburban was a "78" and the one in my car is a "75". The CCA are almost the same - will I hurt the Suburban or the battery running it?
    Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Caesy, sometimes it's difficult to pinpoint the exact cause of a random misfire because there are so many potential culprits.

But, the Vortecs are infamous for losing the intake manifold gaskets. This allows unmetered air to enter the motor and causes it to run lean. Lean conditions can cause multiple misfires like the ones you are experiencing. Could also be a problem with the plugs and plug wires, but if I had to put money on it, I would say you need to replace your intake manilfold gaskets. It's not a hard fix.

Just another thought; on my tahoe the crank sensor 10mm bolt had just barely backed out and I was getting the exact same code.

Comment

Hmmmm....freakin weather. If it was warm I would tear into it. It is not running poorly - just a very occasional miss. I am hoping it will hold together until spring.
      Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

You won't hurt the battery or Suburban with what you are using. The main thing I always look for is making sure it has enough cold cranking amps... especially for a V8. You'll just need a battery with around 1,000 CCA's. If the one you have installed has close to, or more than that, you'll be fine.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
        X