X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• even though it be a "mag-rag"...

I likey when I see stuff like dis:

http://www.autoextremist.com/page2.shtml#Rant

It's the Real Deal, as far as we're concerned - and the Autoextremist High-Performance Value of the Year. Yes, we know that the new Corvette is considered to be the "accepted" high-performance value in the world right now, and the Mustang GT is sensational buzz generator in its own right, too, but when looking for the most bang for our high-performance buck, we'd take the Pontiac GTO all day long for about 20 grand less than the Corvette. In revisiting the 2005 version of the GTO, the fact that it has an LS2 V8 with 400HP is more than significant, especially if you tend to do any kind of serious speeding at all (who, us? - ed.). When operating in an environment filled with radar-toting cowboys comfortably operating as arbitrary, on-the-spot tax collectors - it's nice to adopt the lowest profile possible. And for that reason alone we've adjusted to the looks and appreciate the fact that the original (and still the best) GTO looked like nothing more than a Tempest with blackwall tires anyway, so the fact that the '05 version is subtle isn't so bad after all. On top of everything else, the GTO still has one of the nicest interiors in the business, which is where you spend all of your time. The Pontiac GTO is for serious drivers who prefer high-performance substance over gimmick-laden flash, people who also understand that 400HP and rear-wheel-drive for about $34,000 is the closest thing to a steal that there is in the market today.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Couldn't agree more. I love the interior of the GTO.

Not everything on the road that's fast has to look super-aggressive. Subtle is nice, too.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
      Couldn't agree more. I love the interior of the GTO.

Not everything on the road that's fast has to look super-aggressive. Subtle is nice, too.
      subtle, ....you mean...like my hairdoo?

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

LS2 power =
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
          subtle, ....you mean...like my hairdoo?

What hair????

lol

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
          2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

I was talking with a dealer friend of mine last Saturday night and they are having real problems getting rid of the 05 GTO's They can't sell a 6 spd GTO for 29K. They might be great performance wise, but the majority of the buying public still doesn't like the looks. If they looked better I might consider one. If they don't do something soon to address the looks the GTO it will go the same route as the Camaro and Firebird...
            2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
            1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
            2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
            2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
            2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Originally posted by Gary94Formula
              I was talking with a dealer friend of mine last Saturday night and they are having real problems getting rid of the 05 GTO's They can't sell a 6 spd GTO for 29K. They might be great performance wise, but the majority of the buying public still doesn't like the looks. If they looked better I might consider one. If they don't do something soon to address the looks the GTO it will go the same route as the Camaro and Firebird...
              then it will be rare...........rarer.........

me likie

Comment

its not just the gto thats having problems, i work at two dealerships and its the whole market thats hurting now, yea the gto could be doing better but w/ the cheap g6 and the new solstice & torrent and the gto being a rear wheel car now that its winter they are expected to drop a little in sales until the next season anyway, pretty much right now if it wasnt for service dealerships wouldnt have much income at all
                2000 Trans Am 6spd LS1
                Stock...for now

Comment

Originally posted by Fb0dY HoTTiE LS1
                  its not just the gto thats having problems, i work at two dealerships and its the whole market thats hurting now, yea the gto could be doing better but w/ the cheap g6 and the new solstice & torrent and the gto being a rear wheel car now that its winter they are expected to drop a little in sales until the next season anyway, pretty much right now if it wasnt for service dealerships wouldnt have much income at all
                  i saw this same scene in the early 70's, i was a GM service rep back then, right before i went into the Govt......the service dept's had to carry the dealerships... new car sales were deep in the red..... service managers were instructed to sell every car on front end alignments, service packs, even fake "need a brake jobs"...it got ugly.......

Comment

oo man thats not good at all, but sad but true i think it could happen again really soon, its getting very bad they are cutting pennys everywhere even the heat they took the batteries out of the thermostats and put locks on them so just from that you know they are hurting bad
                    2000 Trans Am 6spd LS1
                    Stock...for now

Comment

48 hours from now... I'll be rocking an LS2. me=excited.

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
                      Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

yea its really slow, we did like 4 jobs today at my shop, normally(when its not the holiday season) we are jammed pack and cant get all the car done. my boss told me not to come in till noon and from noon on i was just detailin his 77(79?) K10. i even washed, waxed and detailed a couple customers cars(nice surprise for them, we got a bunch of cookies for that ) but even the mechanics brought in their own cars to work on. hes hoping it picks up a lil bit more
                        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

The '05 GTO's around here sold as soon as they came in. The 04's on the other hand, they stuck around a while. I'll still never understand the single exhaust look. Pontaic made a good move with the 05's.
                          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                          17K Miles

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                            The '05 GTO's around here sold as soon as they came in. The 04's on the other hand, they stuck around a while. I'll still never understand the single exhaust look. Pontaic made a good move with the 05's.
                            I wonder what's different? I just did a quick search and there are 12 05's in a 25 mile radius of Rochester, NY. I know a few dealers still have the one's from last spring on their lots.
                            2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
                            1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
                            2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                            2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
                            2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

I wonder what's different? I just did a quick search and there are 12 05's in a 25 mile radius of Rochester, NY. I know a few dealers still have the one's from last spring on their lots.
                              Appearance wise, the 05's have the hood scoops and dual exhaust ports instead of the single (dual outlet) out of the driver's side. Also - You could get an appearance package like Wolfman's.

The other noteable upgrade is the powerplant. Starting in 2005, they came with the LS2 good for 400 horse as opposed to the 350hp the '04 had.
                              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                              17K Miles

Comment

Working...
                              X