Riddle to think about

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riddle to think about

here are a couple riddles for every1 to ponder durring the last day of work be4 the holidays. enjoy

During WWII, there was a bridge connecting Germany and Switzerland, and on the German side, there was a sentry tower with a guard in it. He would come out every three minutes to check on the bridge, and he had orders to turn back anyone who tried to get into Germany, and shoot anyone trying to escape without a pass. There was a woman who desperately needed to get into Switzerland, and she knew she didn't have time to get a pass. It would take her at least six minutes to cross the bridge, but she managed to do it. How?
    Riddle

There are 5 houses in 5 different colors. In each house lives a
    person with a different nationality. The owners drink a certain
    type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar, and keep a
    certain pet. No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand
    of cigar, or drink the same beverage.

Question

Who owns the fish?

HINTS

The brit lives in the red house
    The Swede keeps dogs as pets
    The Dane drinks tea
    The green house is on the left of the white house
    The green homeowner drinks coffee
    The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds
    The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill
    The man living in the center house drinks milk
    The Norwegian lives in the first house
    The man who smokes Blend lives next to the one who keeps cats
    The man who keeps the horse lives next to the man who smokes
    Dunhill
    The owner who smokes Bluemaster drinks beer
    The German smokes Prince
    The Norwegian lives next to the blue house
    The man who smokes Blend has a neighbor who drinks water

Albert Einstein said only two percent of the
    world could solve this riddle.
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

I haven't tried to figure out the second one, but the first one is obvious! She's going to Switzerland, so the guard wouldn't stop her. He's only stopping them coming from Switzerland. The second one is probably equally as obvious, but it's too early!
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
      I haven't tried to figure out the second one, but the first one is obvious! She's going to Switzerland, so the guard wouldn't stop her. He's only stopping them coming from Switzerland. The second one is probably equally as obvious, but it's too early!
      Nope. LOL It also says that he had orders to shoot anyone trying to escape without a pass and that she didn't have time to get a pass. I have no idea, unless she hung off the side of the bridge for the time that he ws checking it.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

My guess would be that it takes 1.5 minutes to get to the top of the guard tower and 1.5 to get down. So she starts walking across as soon as the guard starts up the tower ladder. It takes him 1.5 to get up there, he waits 3 minutes, then 1.5 to get back down. Which would equal 6 minutes. He obviously can't see the bridge from the tower, otherwise he would not go down to check on it. What do you guys think?

As for the second question, we used to do these type of word problems at school. Basically it is just a match game using the process of elimination. I was never good at those but maybe I will give it a try...
        Greg W. in West Michigan
        1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
        1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
        1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
        1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
        1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
        <Motor out

Comment

So, he shoots her, but doesn't stop her. Am I close?
          Joe K.
          '11 BMW 328i
          '10 Matrix S AWD
          Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

She slept with gaurd to let her go across.
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

1. She walked 3 minutes across, and turned around in the middle of the bridge, just as the guard came out. Since she looked to the guard as if she were coming from Switzerland, she was turned back around, happily heading on her way.

2. The German.

Comment

Originally posted by ExtinctBird
                1. She walked 3 minutes across, and turned around in the middle of the bridge, just as the guard came out. Since she looked to the guard as if she were coming from Switzerland, she was turned back around, happily heading on her way.

I agree

2. The German.
                I have no idea
                Dave M
                Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

2. I think its the Norwegian
                  2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                  2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

2. The German.
                    You're right. The second one is mainly a process of elimination and relativity. The German has the fish.

Comment

This one is from a riddle website. They couldn't solve it, wondering if anyone here could

1. 1 door closes, 9 open. When 9 close, 1 door opens. What is it?
                      2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
                        This one is from a riddle website. They couldn't solve it, wondering if anyone here could

1. 1 door closes, 9 open. When 9 close, 1 door opens. What is it?

I think I have it................

A baby!!!
                        In the womb(spelling), eyes, mouth, nose(2 nostrils), ears, genitals, and anus all useless. The embelical cord is being used. Yet once its born, eyes, mouth, nose, ears, genitals(pee and something down the road ), and anus are all working. Yet the belly button is no longer used.
                        I believe all those add up to 10. So what do you guys think?
                        2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

Thats the wrong direction. your way would be "9 close, 1 door opens, When 1 door closes, 9 open."
                          Richard Harvey Jr.
                          '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by TruckMuddr
                            Thats the wrong direction. your way would be "9 close, 1 door opens, When 1 door closes, 9 open."
                            My bubble just popped.
                            2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

Working...
                            X