Scammers at it again...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scammers at it again...

Instead of the infamous "nigerian" email, this time, received in todays USPS mail, it's a cashiers check deducted from my payout to help me in paying the processing fees on my online gambling winnings.

But I don't gamble online! So how could I have won anything? Why would I need to pay a processing fee if all they need to do is deduct it from the payout? Why would a fee be required in the first place?

The envelope has a Canadian .85 stamp and my address is hand written, no return address. Don't they have business envelopes with their company name etc.?

got this result for their phone number: "The phone number is a Toronto, ON based phone number and the registered carrier is Fido Solutions Inc. However, due to number portability, some numbers have been transferred to a new service provider other than the registered carrier. "

No listing found for the company name.

The street address and phone number for the bank the check is written against don't exist, however the bank name is real.

This is kinda' like those car sales scams where they send you a check and you keep $XX amount and send them so much, yada, yada, yada....then the check bounces after you send them your money...

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
    '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
    Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Yep, you gotta watch out for those heathens... They are always out to get ya. The thing is, obviously people are following through with some of the stuff and they are making money from these scams otherwise they wouldn't exist. I had a phone solicitor try and scam me once. I let him explain his whole pitch, then I said "You do know what you are doing is illegal, right?". He was like "yeah" and quickly hung up. Haha I was a waste of his time. Gotta love it. Thanks for the heads up on a new one...
    Greg W. in West Michigan
    1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
    1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
    1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
    1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
    1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
    <Motor out

Comment

Working...
    X