Clear All

• Check your dog food

Seven dogs have died...so far...

Happy to say it's not any brand we buy.

http://www.wral.com/news/5743012/detail.html
    Another Brand Of Pet Food Recalled

POSTED: 9:29 pm EST December 30, 2005
    UPDATED: 9:33 pm EST December 30, 2005

RALEIGH, N.C. -- The multi-state recall of Diamond brand pet food has been expanded. The state veterinary lab said seven dogs have died with signs of liver damage that may be consistent with aflatoxin poisoning.

The recall expansion now covers 40-pound bags of Diamond Pet Foods Professional for Adult Dogs with the best by code of 29-Jan-07.

Nineteen varieties of dog and cat food made at the Gaston, S.C., facility have been removed from sale, including:

#
    # Diamond Low Fat Dog Food
    # Diamond Hi-Energy Dog Food
    # Diamond Maintenance Dog Food
    # Diamond Performance Dog Food
    # Diamond Premium Adult Dog Food
    # Diamond Puppy Food
    # Diamond Maintenance Cat Food
    # Country Value Puppy
    # Country Value Adult Dog
    # Country Value Higher Energy Dog
    # Country Value Adult Cat Food
    # Professional Chicken & Rice Senior Dog Food
    # Professional Reduced Fat Chicken & Rice Dog Food
    # Professional Adult Dog Food
    # Professional Large-Breed Puppy Food
    # Professional Puppy Food
    # Professional Reduced Fat Cat Food
    # Professional Adult Cat Food
    Professional for Adult Dogs

Products manufactured at Diamond Pet Foods facilities in Meta, Mo., and Lathrop, Calif., are not affected by the recall. The South Carolina facility services a 22-state region.

Aflatoxin is a naturally occurring toxic chemical found in corn and other crops. Aflatoxin poisoning is fatal to animals.

"Our inspectors are out making sure this product is removed from shelves, and taking samples for analysis of these products outside the recall dates," said Agriculture Commissioner Steve Troxler. "If you have purchased any of these products, return them to the store where you bought them. Do not feed them to your pet."

Symptoms of aflatoxin poisoning include lethargy or sluggishness, occasional vomiting, bloody diarrhea and sudden death. Troxler urged pet owners to contact their veterinarian immediately if their pet shows signs of illness.

Customers can contact the Diamond Pet Foods Customer Information Center toll free at 1-866-214-6945 to receive complete information on pet health concerns, along with a listing of the products and specific eastern states included in the recall.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
    '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
    Bruce, μολων λαβέ

yea i had to help my mom pull all the professonial food they got(over 150bags) of their shelfs and tomorrow i get to unload and stock all the new stuff they are gettin. and im only a volunteer at the animal shelter
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

yes, thats all over the rescue mailing lists, has been for a while...suks for sure.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I've never heard of any of those brands
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
          I've never heard of any of those brands
          If you are just shopping at the major reatilers that doesn't surprise me. They mostly are sold at farm/feed, health food, smaller grocery stores, specialty pet stores, vets and shelters use those brands too. Haven't ever seen them at Wally world or the large chain supermarkets.

http://www.diamondpet.com/DiamondPet/dealer.php

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
          '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
          Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Working...
          X