this stuff with microsoft...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this stuff with microsoft...

at least they will have the patch done on jan. 10. right now, all attachments are blocked that come into our govt. computers.....

ya know, its gonna get worse as time moves on.... someday, the internet will be so unsafe no one will want to use it.....

dern.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/interne...eut/index.html

"NEW YORK (Reuters) -- Microsoft Corp said it hopes to have a patch ready next week to fix the most recent flaw found in its Windows program -- a flaw that could leave computers vulnerable to a virus."

Lovely
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

There are people everyday that will challange and exploit the Windows program and B. Gates , thus giving us a better product , we must remember that Windows is an monopoly and for years we've been given junk, example the Microsoft Interenet Explorer.
      1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
      "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
        at least they will have the patch done on jan. 10. right now, all attachments are blocked that come into our govt. computers.....

ya know, its gonna get worse as time moves on.... someday, the internet will be so unsafe no one will want to use it.....

dern.
        Like everything else in life its ruined by a few individuals....

I work for government in UK, we use Intranet rather than internet, still plaged by idiots though!
        Screaming Mad
        Car: 1994 Camaro, 3.4l V6
        Pace Setter headers & Y pipe, Flowmaster Z28 exhaust, K&N cone filter. modded 4l60e, trans cooler, strut brace, Eibach pro-kit
        0-60 7.74
        1/4 16.52 @ 85.3

Bike: Suzuki GSXR K4 600, K&N filter,Rizla kit, R&G bobbins, Db screen, LED indicators

Comment

Originally posted by Screaming mad
          Like everything else in life its ruined by a few individuals....

I work for government in UK, we use Intranet rather than internet, still plaged by idiots though!
          you need to downsize that sig pic, broh...its too big.........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
            http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/interne...eut/index.html

"NEW YORK (Reuters) -- Microsoft Corp said it hopes to have a patch ready next week to fix the most recent flaw found in its Windows program -- a flaw that could leave computers vulnerable to a virus."

Lovely
            You spends hundreds of bucks on an operating system etc and ya still not safe,

Spend more money on virus protection and still not safe!

Brings me back to the old question who produces these viruses?!

Is it the spotty teen geek next door?
            Is it the Virus protection software companys? Trying to make more bucks?
            Is it Mr Withers off Scooby Doo?
            Is it Mr Burns off The Simpsons?

I just wonder how much time and money these viruses cost a year?
            Screaming Mad
            Car: 1994 Camaro, 3.4l V6
            Pace Setter headers & Y pipe, Flowmaster Z28 exhaust, K&N cone filter. modded 4l60e, trans cooler, strut brace, Eibach pro-kit
            0-60 7.74
            1/4 16.52 @ 85.3

Bike: Suzuki GSXR K4 600, K&N filter,Rizla kit, R&G bobbins, Db screen, LED indicators

Comment

Hey, get this...Microsoft has an anti-spyware program. It's free and it's actually pretty decent. I have it running on my machine. The program is in beta testing now, but as soon as the final release hits I've heard they are going to charge for it. Call me strange, but I think it's a bit odd to have to pay for a program to fix the problems with the operating system they put out.

Oh...they just released a security fix today I think. Don't know if it's the same one you all are talking about, but it wouldn't hurt to download it anyway.
              Joe K.
              '11 BMW 328i
              '10 Matrix S AWD
              Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by Screaming mad

Brings me back to the old question who produces these viruses?!
                Since Microsoft engineers the programs with the security defects in place, the first person to suspect is Microsoft employees.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                  you need to downsize that sig pic, broh...its too big.........
                  Unless he just changed it... Yours is bigger than his...
                  Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                    Unless he just changed it... Yours is bigger than his...
                    He changed it.
                    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                      Yours is bigger than his...
                      I don't think this is the proper place to discuss such issues...
                      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                        He changed it.
                        Gotcha.......
                        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Working...
                        X