Phishing scam...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phishing scam...

Got this scam in the e-mail today...report below.

http://www.millersmiles.co.uk/report/736

It looked real enough for me to login to my account seperately to check it out. I never use the links in stuff like this anymore.

Didn't see any changes to my account so I searched and found the link above. Just a heads up for you all out there.
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

I've gotten that one several times. I don't have a paypal account. LOL
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Those things go straight to my junk mail folder now. Maybe once every 6 months one makes it though.

If you're not sure if it's for real, what you did is the smart way to check your account though. Log in thru your normal link, not the one in the email.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
      '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
      Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

One thing that will easily differentiate an authentic paypal email is that when they email you they will ALWAYS address you with your full name. If the email starts: "Dear Paypal customer...." then you know right off the bat it's fake. Paypal states this on their website.
        Dave M
        Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Working...
        X