Any references for laying tile?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any references for laying tile?

Some upcoming weekend I'll be ripping up carpet in a small (11 x 11) room we have and laying vinyl tile. I could work my way through it now if I had too, but I'm looking for any references that might make my work easier. Anybody know of any good links removing carpet/laying tile? Or have any firsthand experience they could extend to me? I just want as much information as possible before I start to make sure there aren't any surprises.
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Don't we have a member here that does flooring? Think we do.

http://www.hometime.com/Howto/projec...ng/floor_3.htm

Make sure the underlayment is flat and smooth. Carpet hides all the bumps and waves, vinyl lets them show through. (ask me how I know )

I used to have the video tape from Hometime on flooring, don't know where it is now...If I can find it you can have it...Edit: found it, PM me your address if you want it...

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
    '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
    Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Originally posted by bru333
      Don't we have a member here that does flooring? Think we do.

http://www.hometime.com/Howto/projec...ng/floor_3.htm

Make sure the underlayment is flat and smooth. Carpet hides all the bumps and waves, vinyl lets them show through. (ask me how I know )

I used to have the video tape from Hometime on flooring, don't know where it is now...If I can find it you can have it...Edit: found it, PM me your address if you want it...
      I think Ceramic tile looks better, is easier to install and hides the inperfections in the subfloor better. I've laid a bit of ceramic tile in my days.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
        I think Ceramic tile looks better, is easier to install and hides the inperfections in the subfloor better. I've laid a bit of ceramic tile in my days.

I'd like to use ceramic, but the room is a very seldom used room that will be mostly for storage. I can't justify the cost of ceramic in it, at least not in my financial situation.
        Dave M
        Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Working...
        X