no more spam?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no more spam?

I came across this in the news: http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...ide&id=3789887

"The goal is to get the spammer to agree not to spam members on Blue Frog's do not spam list. If the spammers don't respond, Blue Frog will overload the spammer's web sites by repeatedly running queries to it. It's a technique sometimes used by hackers."

Supposedly, there is a beta version out, and all who sign up now will be free members for life. After the final application release comes out, you might have to pay. Wonder if it's worth a shot?
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

i dunno i just usally delete it and move on the only time spam really bugs me is when ppl spam forum and things like that... i can't delete it
    1990 Eagle talon TSI- daily driver

78' firebird formula -350/350- stock...now dead

Comment

Originally posted by 78formula78
      i dunno i just usally delete it and move on the only time spam really bugs me is when ppl spam forum and things like that... i can't delete it

I can!
      Dave M
      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

ok well thats cause your specail for an average joe like me i just have to deal... or use white out
        1990 Eagle talon TSI- daily driver

78' firebird formula -350/350- stock...now dead

Comment

I guess it depends on your spam blocker and email account. SBCYahoo is terrbile in keeping your email secret. I hadn't signed up for a thing, yet got loads of junk mail fast. They do have a great spam blocker, though, and I only get 1 or 2 spam emails a week.
          On the other hand, I have an old, old account that has an awful blocker. I get so much junk in that account. Mostly ones that have miracle drugs and ridiculous mortages.
          However, gmail is awesome. I didn't sign up for anything through my account there, and haven't gotten a single piece of mail there in well over a year.
          94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Yeah, Yahoo is a very common domain to get spammed, and some of their software is questionable as well. SBC doesn't help much either lol
            Steve
            79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
            87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
            93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
            http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

I have my email through Yahoo. I get tons of junk mail, but they have a very good system for separating the "bulk" from the regular emails. I just empty the bulk folder every morning without even looking at it. As long as they keep separating it, I'm okay with it.
              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                I have my email through Yahoo. I get tons of junk mail, but they have a very good system for separating the "bulk" from the regular emails. I just empty the bulk folder every morning without even looking at it. As long as they keep separating it, I'm okay with it.
                I agree...I see "Bulk (92)", or "Bulk (109)" only after several days. They have a great filter. However, once a few weeks, a legit email will be put there. Usually, if they have text and a link to a picture within the body, (and possibly spam keywords), it will consider it junk. I learned the hard way and lost several important emails.
                I'm using the "Blue Frog" software though, only to fight back. They want to hack in and steal our email, especially with junk or illegal offers, then why not try to ruin their web site

Comment

Speaking of spam, someone might wanna keep an eye on this guy...

http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthre...t=15319&page=2

Check the last post on that page (post #30).

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
                    I agree...I see "Bulk (92)", or "Bulk (109)" only after several days. They have a great filter. However, once a few weeks, a legit email will be put there. Usually, if they have text and a link to a picture within the body, (and possibly spam keywords), it will consider it junk. I learned the hard way and lost several important emails.
                    I'm using the "Blue Frog" software though, only to fight back. They want to hack in and steal our email, especially with junk or illegal offers, then why not try to ruin their web site
                    I've deleted a few legit emails myself, but anything of extreme importance is sent, or at least CC'ed to my work e-mail. Once in a blue moon I'll check the contents of the bulk folder to make sure nothing slipped in.
                    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
                      Speaking of spam, someone might wanna keep an eye on this guy...

http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthre...t=15319&page=2

Check the last post on that page (post #30).

what's wrong with his post?
                      Dave M
                      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
                        what's wrong with his post?
                        On the surface, nothing. However, I have seen spammers post in that particular way before on another board that I admin. I'm not saying its a problem right now, just something to watch for. Esp. since there really was no tip.

Sorry for the hijack.
                        Steve

Comment

Working...
                        X