Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do you think about mazda rx 7 and mitsubishi 3000gt ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the last RX7 was by far the best sports car to come from Japan. I was close to buying one instead of another f-body. Probably the purest of Japanese sports cars...

3000GTs are jokes...4000lbs and FWD? wha?

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
      You could rev the piss out those motors all day long. IMO the Wankel Rotary motor was a brilliant idea, it just ate up Apex seals.
      Totally... it's a great idea.
      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
        the last RX7 was by far the best sports car to come from Japan. I was close to buying one instead of another f-body. Probably the purest of Japanese sports cars...
        What about the MKIV Supra TT or Nissan Skyline GT-R R34
        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm

3000GTs are jokes...4000lbs and FWD? wha?
          Dude, the 4000 lbs. ones are the ones with AWD, all wheel steering, adjustable suspension, and adjustable aerodynamics. Not to mention the TT ones run like 13.6.
          2006 Saturn Ion Redline
          2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

i gotta say i like the rx7 a lot better but i really think the TT supras should have been compared instead of the 3000 gt (both were RWD vs comparing a RWD to a AWD) and i have to say i have and always will call the a V-6 twin turbo supra the camaro of imports
            1990 Eagle talon TSI- daily driver

78' firebird formula -350/350- stock...now dead

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
              Dude, the 4000 lbs. ones are the ones with AWD, all wheel steering, adjustable suspension, and adjustable aerodynamics. Not to mention the TT ones run like 13.6.
              A sports car like that should not weigh 4000 lbs for any reason. Now the Shelby GT500 Cobra weighs that much when it's a convertible. Such a pig.

Comment

The 7MGT and xJZ motors are phenomenal at handling lots-o-boost. There are a bunch of highway stalker Supra's around here. They will bite most hotrods on the highway.

4000 lbs is just way too much for any performance car. I hope the 5th Gen Camaro and the new Challenger weigh a whole lot less than that.

Comment

Supras are too big and rather heavy to be "pure" sport cars... Skylines too. Skylines started out as four door sedans. Awesome cars in their respective place, but I wouldn't consider them real sport cars... rather bulky.

4000lbs is no excuse, even if it runs 13.6 in the 1320. All that gadgetry is just asking for a failure and heafty bill. I'll pass... even the FWD's were heavy.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                  Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                  B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                  Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                  Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Not to over defend the stealth but my front driver weighed just over 3000 lbs. And the turbo weighed just under 3800.

Not sure how accurate this is but: http://www.team3s.com/FAQ-Specs1.htm
                    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

If I was able to take one or the other, I'd like a 94 RX7 TT please!! The 3000GT VR4's (And Stealth TT's) were cool, but like said before, they are heavy, and filled with gimmicks.. Lots of stuff to go wrong, and expensive when it does. The base model 3000GT's (98% of the ones you see) are just plain dogs. Look fast, but will get killed by any other 6cyl sedan.

The RX7 are beautiful. I love everything about them. The RX8's are stupid if you ask me. Not as nice looking, and lacking turbos.. Where's the gay smiley?!
                      hahaaa

No Talons/Eclipses in the post? I guess I'm biased.. hahaa.. I love my Talon
                      99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

I'll take the 3000GT. with the actual twin turbo's. The rx7 is nice, but i'm not a big fan of Sequential turbo's.
                        96 Camaro Z28/A4,Vortech elbow,Moroso CAI,Flowmaster.Addco PHR,LCA,160* Stat,pcmforless,1LE Driveshaft,1LE A/C delete pulley,1LE Front sway bar,Strut brace,sub frames, LT4 knock module,255 lph pump,Cutout,

Comment

Originally posted by JeffM

No Talons/Eclipses in the post? I guess I'm biased.. hahaa.. I love my Talon
                          its not that, I only asked about these two because I ll be dealing with them sooner or later , theres quite a few over here ( i think they didnt stop selling them in 94 like they did in the US )

And a friend of mine just got a 95 rx7 and is going to modify the c%&/ out of it , I was trying to make an ideea whether I will be able to keep up or not
                          93 t/a A4 3.23s
                          95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
                          99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
                          99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
                          97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
                          93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
                          00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

Working...
                          X