Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer frequency from one keyless remote to the other?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer frequency from one keyless remote to the other?

I have a remote from a 1999 Chevy Silverado and I'm trying to get it to learn the frequency of my current remote for my Tahoe which functions properly but has a cracked case.

Does any one know this process? For what it's worth it's for a 1998 Chevy Tahoe. The Owner's Manual does not describe the process.

You need to get the instructions to program the remote. I vaguely remember how to do it on a Camaro/Firebird, but I don't know if the process is the same for your Tahoe. You may be able to get the instructions from someone at a dealership.

*Pam*

2002 Firebird 3.8 A/T - all stock
    1998 Ford Contour SVT #1578 of 6535

Comment

I remember seeing a salesman doing that once at the dealer. He un-bent and stuck a paper clip across two pins in one of the connectors underneath the dash. He then held both buttons on the remote (lock/unlock) for a few seconds, and that was it. I know this isn't much help, but maybe it will give you an idea of what to look for.
      1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanZ28
        I remember seeing a salesman doing that once at the dealer. He un-bent and stuck a paper clip across two pins in one of the connectors underneath the dash. He then held both buttons on the remote (lock/unlock) for a few seconds, and that was it. I know this isn't much help, but maybe it will give you an idea of what to look for.
        I knew I had to jump #4 and #8 to put the truck in learn mode, but what I couldn't figure out was what to do from there. Then I found out you just had to press and hold the lock and unlock button on the remote until the locks cycled and the horn chirped (if the key is off) just like you said.

But after some more homework, I realized that the two remotes were not interchangeable, and that the receiver in my Tahoe had no way of recognizing the remote from my 99 Silverado.

No biggie, I'll just pick one up at Autozone.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
          I knew I had to jump #4 and #8 to put the truck in learn mode, but what I couldn't figure out was what to do from there. Then I found out you just had to press and hold the lock and unlock button on the remote until the locks cycled and the horn chirped (if the key is off) just like you said.

But after some more homework, I realized that the two remotes were not interchangeable, and that the receiver in my Tahoe had no way of recognizing the remote from my 99 Silverado.

No biggie, I'll just pick one up at Autozone.
          Whoa, dejá vú lol
          Steve
          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
            Whoa, dejá vú lol
            Be careful, that means there might be a glitch in the Matrix!

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
              Be careful, that means there might be a glitch in the Matrix!
              "A-pac, Switch, go!" lol
              Steve
              79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
              87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
              93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
              http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Working...
              X