now im sad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• now im sad

did the oil change on the bird(used mobil and a mobil filter) and i notice that i needed brakes, so i took the wheels off and did the brakes(just threw new pads on) well i finish that up and im heading home, i notice it pulls and then let goes after i hit the brakes, so i run it up 2 60 and slam the brakes, didnt pull. so i drive home and when i get out, theres smoke coming out of the left front. so i look, sure enough the rotor is BLUE i mean blue, and the pads are smoking, great i now have a frozen caliper. same one that froze on my old 83 t/a. im just sad cuz i wanted to take it to jersey tomorrow but now im taking the beater. /end rant
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

yup...frozen calipers suck butt. Rant on!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I learned something the hard way a while back. A friend of mine had the GM dealership put brakes on his truck. After that it pulled to the left. He took it back several times and they could not fix it. Anyway after several years of this he finally got mad and tore it apart, flushed it and put it back together and it worked fine. He found a piece of trash in the brake line. Well I didn't know this but when you push the caliper back in you need to clamp the line, open the bleeder and push the piston back in or you can blow trash up the line and it can get hung at a joint or in the antilock box. I've always just pushed the fluid back up in the master cylinder. That can cause problems. They sell a little brake clamp that is plastic for clamping the line.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

my boss told me everytime i try to take a short cut i get bit in the (_!_). we the new one is on but nwo i dont gotta go to jersey . o well.
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Working...
        X