Rolled back mileage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolled back mileage

I sold my TA in December, i am shopping around currently so I was curious, I ran my old TA's VIN through carfax. The new owner rolled back the mileage from the original of 145k to 101k.
    1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
    "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Originally posted by alenstein
    I sold my TA in December, i am shopping around currently so I was curious, I ran my old TA's VIN through carfax. The new owner rolled back the mileage from the original of 145k to 101k.
    wow, I wonder what kinda fine that packs.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

why? Either for self-gratification or he wants to sell it. A properly maintained LT1 lasts well over 200K. Heck my LS1 has almost 190K and runs perfect other than little things like o2s.

I wonder if Carfax report this stuff?

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Sounds like he is getting ready to sell it. This happens a lot. Someone will buy a high mileage car and turn the clock back to make a few quick bucks. It's getting harder for these type of people with Carfax though.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
          I wonder if Carfax report this stuff?
          I *highly* doubt it. They are a consumer tool, not a government agancy.
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

You should report that to the authorities. I would WITHOUT QUESTION.
            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
              You should report that to the authorities. I would WITHOUT QUESTION.
              I dont think he can. He hasnt been victim of anything. I could be wrong.
              Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:
              SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                I dont think he can. He hasnt been victim of anything. I could be wrong.

He could still report it. He couldn't sue, that's when you need to be a victim. If you know of a crime, you can report it whether it affects you or not.
                Dave M
                Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Yeah I don't think I can or want to bother with reporting, common sense if someone is going to buy it at least run Carfax.

The kid stunned me and my father, that little $%@#..hehe
                  1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
                  "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

Yeah I don't think I can or want to bother with reporting, common sense if someone is going to buy it at least run Carfax.

He's going to sell the car for much more than you were able to. Remember how you were frustrated that you wanted to get more for the car than it was worth? He accomplished that by breaking the law and deceiving his future buyer. It's unethical - and while you might not have directly gotten screwed by him, you were unable to earn the profit he will because you were honest.

Why is it so hard for people to stand up for what's right? Hell, if you give me the VIN number, I will report it.
                    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Thats a federal offence!!!!

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
                      2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

dont collect $200 Go straight to jail.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
                        2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

You absolutely CAN report it, and in my opinion it is your responsibility not a trivial choice. It is a Federal offense and is right up there with mail fraud.

Don't let that weasel get away with this. Even if you don't care, do it for the sake of people that do.

Comment

There is nothing common about sense, if there were more people would have it.
                            Dave M
                            Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
                              There is nothing common about sense, if there were more people would have it.
                              Great line, Dave. Can I use that in the future?
                              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
                              X