wolfdog in kill shelter in MD....>>>

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wolfdog in kill shelter in MD....>>>

low mid content. awesome animal! a husky rescue evaluated him for us. he's leash trained, good with kids and cats! a sweet guy!!! crate trained too!!! 1 1/2 years old.........

good wolfdog for a first wolfdog owner.

if anyone here is interested, email me privately or pm me, we'll get on the phone and talk...

he's an owner give up...they got worried, wolfdogs are illegal in the state of MD.

he came from Black Wolf Rescue, the slime bawl guy that we got busted here as while back for animal abuse..... i wanna see this guy go to a good home, not a sanctuary....

we got a hold on him till the 13th of feb.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

what do you mean kill shelter? Are they going to kill him? If I had my own place I would take that guy in. I want a wolfdog in the future.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Are they illiegal in DE?

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
      2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

a kill shelter keeps an animal a certain time length and then puts them to sleep if they are not adopted out. they cant adopt him out to the general public but we can take him, actualy, full moon farm has signed for him..then he will be adopted out thru them.....(full moon farm is one of the sanctuaries my org supports: www.fullmoonfarm.org )

Delaware law:

DELAWARE

"No person shall bring into this State, possess, sell or exhibit any live wild mammal or hybrid of a wild mammal ... not native to or generally found in Delaware without first securing a permit under this chapter." The regulations state: "There must be two enclosures to house a (Wolf Hybrid), a primary enclosure and a secondary enclosure. Fastening or locking devices shall be required on both the primary and the secondary enclosures and must be tamper proof from the general public. The primary enclosure shall consist of a pen, cage or other enclosure where the (Wolf Hybrid) will be kept, and must be of such a construction that it cannot be destroyed by or escaped from by the (Wolf Hybrid). The secondary enclosure must be of a type sufficient to prevent the (Wolf Hybrid) from escaping from the property of the custodian ... Should the (wolf or Wolf Hybrid) escape from its primary enclosure. The secondary enclosure shall be of a type sufficient to prevent bodily contact between members of the public and the (wolf or Wolf Hybrid)."
        "The subject creature must not be a public nuisance. A nuisance will be considered as including, but not limited to, a subject creature which creates excessive odors or noise, displays obnoxious behavior or causes justifiable fear."
        Inspection of the premises where the animal will be housed is required. Individual animal permits are required for pet owners and Class (4) permits are required for breeders or exhibitors of wolves and Wolf Hybrids.
        "Deleware is divided into three counties and each has its own county government. The two northern most counties have passed laws stating that certain animals are not allowed. Wolves and Wolf Hybrids are listed as animals that are not allowed in New Castle County or in Kent County"

this sucks...one of the states we are trying to turn around along with MD.

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

Ken, would you happen to know the laws for PA? Are there adoption fees associated with this?
          Dave M
          Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
            Ken, would you happen to know the laws for PA? Are there adoption fees associated with this?
            you have to have a license in PA.... full moon might ask for a donation... after all....its cost alot of time and money to do what she's doing, including the transport and home check thats required... but fee, no....

Wolves and Wolf Hybrids may be possessed if they are purchased or received from any lawful sources from within or without the state and if the owner first secures an Exotic Wildlife Possession Permit from the Pennsylvania Fish and Game Commission. Inspection by the Commission is required to insure that minimum requirements for secure and humane housing conditions are met. "Minimum pen requirements for a single animal are 15' length by 8' width by 6' height covered at the top to prevent escape. For a pair, double the cage length. For each additional animal - after 2 add 10' to the cage length. A secluded den area 4'W x 4'L is required for a single animal. Add 3' in length for an additional animal."
            "Records shall be maintained of acquisitions and disposals of exotic wildlife as well as exotic wildlife born on the premises. Records shall be in ink, written in English and include the full name and address of the person with whom a transaction is conducted. Records shall be available for inspection by Commission personnel at reasonable hours. Entries shall be made on the day of transaction."

ignornace of some states on this animal slays me........PA is one.

Comment

I dont think they're against the law in MI, are they? I coulda swore I saw one. Long slender face, eyes like a wolf, long thin legs, big paws. If it wasn't a wolfdog it looked just like one.

I would guess that even if they weren't legal in your state you could still have one without any authority finding out. If he ever gets loose and bites somebody, that's when you have to start worrying.
              97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                you have to have a license in PA.... full moon might ask for a donation... after all....its cost alot of time and money to do what she's doing, including the transport and home check thats required... but fee, no....

Wolves and Wolf Hybrids may be possessed if they are purchased or received from any lawful sources from within or without the state and if the owner first secures an Exotic Wildlife Possession Permit from the Pennsylvania Fish and Game Commission. Inspection by the Commission is required to insure that minimum requirements for secure and humane housing conditions are met. "Minimum pen requirements for a single animal are 15' length by 8' width by 6' height covered at the top to prevent escape. For a pair, double the cage length. For each additional animal - after 2 add 10' to the cage length. A secluded den area 4'W x 4'L is required for a single animal. Add 3' in length for an additional animal."
                "Records shall be maintained of acquisitions and disposals of exotic wildlife as well as exotic wildlife born on the premises. Records shall be in ink, written in English and include the full name and address of the person with whom a transaction is conducted. Records shall be available for inspection by Commission personnel at reasonable hours. Entries shall be made on the day of transaction."

ignornace of some states on this animal slays me........PA is one.

Ken, we actually have a pen that meets those requirements now, minus being covered. We even have a"den" built into this pen that meets those requirements. But we would plan on keeping him inside if we were to decide to do this. How would the fish and game commision see this? Would the house itself count as the pen/den, or would we still need to demonstrate we have the pen? How is the dog with other dogs? We currently have a small dog inside (~30 lb Jack Russell Terrier mix) who is a male. How would the wolfdog handle him? Being two males, would they be fighting all the time to be alpha? Our current dog is very attached to my wife. We also have cats and a 7 year old son. You said he should eb good with them, right? Would the combination of all of those be too much?

Thanks for the info Ken, we might be interested if we know it could work out.
                Dave M
                Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
                  Ken, we actually have a pen that meets those requirements now, minus being covered. We even have a"den" built into this pen that meets those requirements. But we would plan on keeping him inside if we were to decide to do this. How would the fish and game commision see this? Would the house itself count as the pen/den, or would we still need to demonstrate we have the pen? How is the dog with other dogs? We currently have a small dog inside (~30 lb Jack Russell Terrier mix) who is a male. How would the wolfdog handle him? Being two males, would they be fighting all the time to be alpha? Our current dog is very attached to my wife. We also have cats and a 7 year old son. You said he should eb good with them, right? Would the combination of all of those be too much?

Thanks for the info Ken, we might be interested if we know it could work out.
                  we'll talk. send me your phone number pm.

Comment

He's a good looking boy. If I was looking for a dog I'd definately be talking to you about him.

Good luck.
                    99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

Oh ship him down to Dr. Dolittle...

She's Red and she's Rare.

~Black Beauty ~ Last 97 & LT1 Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by JeffM
                        He's a good looking boy. If I was looking for a dog I'd definately be talking to you about him.

Good luck.
                        hybirds are illegal in CT
                        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Y2KHAWK
                          Oh ship him down to Dr. Dolittle...
                          naw lady..yoos gots your hands full now.. you dont need no woofer, just ask mary...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by 88bird5spd
                            hybirds are illegal in CT
                            Really? Hope that's not the same for hybrid cats, because I have a Bengal

Stupid laws.
                            99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

yea tell me bout it, i already asked my mom to see if she couldnt find a person but she said they are illegal.

hey ken, whats marys rescues homepage? thanks bud
                              2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Working...
                              X