Yeah, Baby!!!!!! Go Steelers!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, Baby!!!!!! Go Steelers!!!!!!

I've waited a very long time for this. The agony of watching them lose Superbowl 30...

The hours I've spent every Sunday, watching them, sometimes yelling obsenities at the TV...

All the near misses in the AFC title games...

It was all worth it.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

well, looks like I'm 50 bucks richer. hehehe.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
      I've waited a very long time for this. The agony of watching them lose Superbowl 30...

The hours I've spent every Sunday, watching them, sometimes yelling obsenities at the TV...

All the near misses in the AFC title games...

It was all worth it.
      AMEN....That was a great game, both the Steelers and Sea Hawks played a great game and again it was prooven that defense wins games. And because I know its going to be said the called back touchdown was pushing off if you watched the replay his momentum was changed off the defenders chest and his arm was extended, and Rothlisburger's arm did break the endzone while he was air born.
      1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

I rooted for the steelers, cower and bettis did deserve rings.

I loved the Randal El touchdown pass to Hines Ward.

87 z28 w/93 LT1 and 700r4

Comment

the pushoff was the right call, becuz if u also saw the defender went back be4 he could go forward. and the touchdown with roth, the tip was bout where his thumb was, the thumb broke the plane of the zone and so did the ball. and as some1 once said, if u cant win the game cuz of a couple bad calls, u shouldnt win
          2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

The truth of the matter is, from someone unbias.....the Seahawks blew it. period. They had a lot of missed opportunities to score especially in the first half. Good job to the Steelers in the second half for ramping up there game. All in all a good game to watch...
            Greg W. in West Michigan
            1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
            1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
            1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
            1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
            1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
            <Motor out

Comment

Seattle did have plenty of oppurtunity to stay in the game if not take the lead, but they just could not capitilize on their efforts. There were quite a few questionable and controversial plays in this game. It was hard to tell if Roethlisberger actually broke the plane with the football or not. Remember it's the football that has to break the plane, not a part of the body. I think he did get the ball across, but man, it was a little hard to tell since his forearm was covering a significant portion of the leading edge of the football.

The Randle El throw to Hines Ward was cherry! Randle El used to be a quarterback for Indiana Unversity, so he knew just what to do.

It was the Steeler's time.

Comment

Well, I'm not a fan of either team, but that officiating was some of the worst I've seen in a long time. During the game those of us watching even started to joke around that every time Seattle makes a big play don't worry because the refs will throw a flag and bring the play back. Would it have changed the outcome, we'll never know.
                Dan95ta
                Blue-Green Chameleon, Auto, 3.23, SLP CAI, BMR SFC, BMR STB, Rotorpros Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Bilstein HD Shocks, SLP Loudmouth, Throttle Body Bypass, Zaino

Comment

Originally posted by carguy100200
                  The truth of the matter is, from someone unbias.....the Seahawks blew it. period. They had a lot of missed opportunities to score especially in the first half. Good job to the Steelers in the second half for ramping up there game. All in all a good game to watch...
                  I am happy for Cower. However, I was pretty disappointed in the Seahawk's effort. The receivers need to spend some more time doing drills in the off-season. Put simply, they didn't execute. The calls were interesting. I was watching the game with a Steelers fan who thought the pass interference was pretty bad and thought the touchdown was the wrong call. I thought the touchdown was inconclusive, and the interference call was pretty weak. To sum it up, Jackson's lazy feet, the offensive line's holding, and all the receiver's butter fingers lost them the game more then the Steeler's defense. The plays were there, just poor execution. It was like watching a totally different team then the one I saw all season and through the playoffs...kinda disappointing. However, champions make the plays when it counts and the Steelers did that. One thing is for sure; Coach Cower was by far the best this year; his game plans were superior and he won it all.
                  '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                  '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                  '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                  '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                  '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                  My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                  Thomas Jefferson

Comment

ok im a seahawks fan and i gotta say that everyone that said that it was like watching a different team play, is completly right. but on another note im just going to say that 16 on 11 isn't a fair game... but the steelers did play an awsome game
                    1990 Eagle talon TSI- daily driver

78' firebird formula -350/350- stock...now dead

Comment

The push-off in the endzone was just enough to create separation. In a Superbowl, they are going to call a tight game. No scores should come easy.

Also, As far as Roethlisberger's TD... The NFL Network had an interesting look at it. The endzone line cam had the best view. They drew a computerized line from the plane, stright up in the air. When Big Ben was in the air, the ball was over by at least an inch. It's not much, but it's more than enough to count.

Either way, Seattle played a great game. They'll be back. Cowher out-coached Holmgren this time, however. I don't know what that clock management - or lack thereof - was at the end of the game for the Hawks. It was strange.
                      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                      17K Miles

Comment

In my opinion, the Roethlisberger TD was the right call....ONLY because they initially called it a TD, and there wasn't any hard evidence to overturn it. The only thing that I would point out was that the ref took a bit to call it a TD.
                        And as far as the end zone interference call, that was a mickey mouse call to me. Of course, it could have gone either way, so I'm not arguing.

The game was pretty good, and it sure is the Steeler's time

I'm excited for next year to see which RB will be the best: Alexander, L Johnson, or Tomlinson (and a few others)
                        94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Originally posted by 78formula78
                          ok im a seahawks fan and i gotta say that everyone that said that it was like watching a different team play, is completly right. but on another note im just going to say that 16 on 11 isn't a fair game... but the steelers did play an awsome game
                          16 on 11? I am assuming the additional 5 are the refs. You have to be kidding. I disagreed with the push off - that was a bad call. However, that could be countered with Jerame Stevens fumble.....er incompletion. It was a fumble. You cannot overturn the TD by Ben - not enough evidence to show he did not cross the line. Remember the video evidence has to show conclusively that he did not score. Furthermore, do you really believe that Seattle is going to hold up to a 4th and goal from the 1 inch line? We will never know but I think not. If the Steelers and Seahawks play 10 times on a neutral field I believe Pittsburgh wins 7 or 8 of them. Ben played like the 2nd year player that he is but tey still had enough to win.
                          Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Furthermore, do you really believe that Seattle is going to hold up to a 4th and goal from the 1 inch line?
                            Exactly....Even IF Roth didn't get the TD, in the playoffs they were 5 for 6 when that close.

In my opinion, the Roethlisberger TD was the right call....ONLY because they initially called it a TD, and there wasn't any hard evidence to overturn it.
                            I also agree with this....it has to be conclusive evidence to overturn. They just didn't have that kind of evidence. I did laugh when, after he was down, he poushed the ball up towards the goal line(like nobody saw it a foot back )and that dumb, hopeful look on his face!!! <--like that

To sum it up, Jackson's lazy feet, the offensive line's holding, and all the receiver's butter fingers
                            Yea what was with Jackson, come on!!! Did he just get outta high school training camp?
                            Greg W. in West Michigan
                            1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                            1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                            1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                            1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                            1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                            <Motor out

Comment

The strangest part to me, was Seattle's lack of clock management at the half and the end of the game. Terrible job. Not what I would expect of a Mike Holmgren coached team. Cowher definitely did a better job all around last night.
                              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                              17K Miles

Comment

Working...
                              X