LS7 news…

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LS7 news…

I was talking to my engine building neighbor last night and he said they built a LS7 engine last week. They ported the heads and got 380 cfm from each cylinder. They used a ~.600 lift cam and got 680 horses at the rear wheels. WOW! He said those heads are amazing.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

and your point is..............?

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Ken.........your too old for that kind of horsepower.
      2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

Hell yea. Btw, did they tune it? If so, what did they use?

I went to a superbowl party and took a couple of Mustang guys out for a spin. One had an LS1 GTO. They loved it.
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
          Hell yea. Btw, did they tune it? If so, what did they use?

I went to a superbowl party and took a couple of Mustang guys out for a spin. One had an LS1 GTO. They loved it.
          They guy next door to their shop has a chassis dyno. I can't remember who makes it but it's not a Mustang Dyno whatever that is. I know he is a computer geek so I assume the answer is yes to get that number out of it. I can ask him later. I knew this would get a rise out of you.
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
            They guy next door to their shop has a chassis dyno. I can't remember who makes it but it's not a Mustang Dyno whatever that is. I know he is a computer geek so I assume the answer is yes to get that number out of it. I can ask him later. I knew this would get a rise out of you.
            Why would you think that?

Can you please get more info? Cam specs, air intake, header info. Thanks.

Comment

Why would you think that?

Can you please get more info? Cam specs, air intake, header info. Thanks.
              I just talked to my neighbor. He built the motor. There are a lot of specifics to it so I just got his number and you can call him. He said they build motor and send them all over the US so he can build any motor you want including your twin turbo project. A lot of the engine parts are custom built by the owner of the car. He owns some Corvette place here in Atlanta. The funny thing is I may know him from high school but I'm not sure. You can get his number from David too. He didn't have it at home. Anyway the cam was a .690 lift .256@.050 solid roller cam. He said they made like 10 cams for it and he wasn't sure which cam was in it when they pulled the 680hp number. The pistons were 11.75:1. The headers were custom too. I kind of got the feeling he was developing parts to sell at his business.

My neighbors phone number at work is 770-778-1515. The place he works at is AAM Racing engines. Ask for David. Tell him you are friends with me. I gave him your name so he will know who you are. He is kind of quiet so you have to ask lots of questions. LOL. Sounds like you might need to come to Atlanta soon.

Comment

I just talked to my neighbor. He built the motor. There are a lot of specifics to it so I just got his number and you can call him. He said they build motor and send them all over the US so he can build any motor you want including your twin turbo project. A lot of the engine parts are custom built by the owner of the car. He owns some Corvette place here in Atlanta. The funny thing is I may know him from high school but I'm not sure. You can get his number from David too. He didn't have it at home. Anyway the cam was a .690 lift .256@.050 solid roller cam. He said they made like 10 cams for it and he wasn't sure which cam was in it when they pulled the 680hp number. The pistons were 11.75:1. The headers were custom too. I kind of got the feeling he was developing parts to sell at his business.

My neighbors phone number at work is 770-778-1515. The place he works at is AAM Racing engines. Ask for David. Tell him you are friends with me. I gave him your name so he will know who you are. He is kind of quiet so you have to ask lots of questions. LOL. Sounds like you might need to come to Atlanta soon.
                Oh I see. I must have missed it in previous posts. I didn't realize he built it from a bare block. I was thinking he started with either a C6Z06 or he bought an LS7 crate motor. I may give him a buzz in a few days. I'm still buried under my C5Z but am keeping my eyes open to the new and upcoming mods that are happening on these new Z06s. I'm going to have to play with mine once the TT project and the S10 projects are complete.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Oh I see. I must have missed it in previous posts. I didn't realize he built it from a bare block. I was thinking he started with either a C6Z06 or he bought an LS7 crate motor. I may give him a buzz in a few days. I'm still buried under my C5Z but am keeping my eyes open to the new and upcoming mods that are happening on these new Z06s. I'm going to have to play with mine once the TT project and the S10 projects are complete.

Thanks for the info.
                  Well I assumed it was built out of a Z06 engine and it may have been. I don't know. The guy's name who was having it built is named Reese. He is around our age.

Comment

Well I assumed it was built out of a Z06 engine and it may have been. I don't know. The guy's name who was having it built is named Reese. He is around our age.
                    Very cool stuff. That motor has so much potential. I just got back in from working on the TT car. Man, I'm beat.

Comment

More info on the LS7. It was pulled from a 2006 ZO6 Vette and built. It was not a crate motor or built from a bare block.

The guy who had it built is named Reese Cox and owns MTI Racing. Here is their web site. http://www.mtiracing.com/
                      Notice this Norm;
                      "We have just recieved the Computer Tuning Software for the 2006 C6 / ZO6. To spread the news we are going to offer a FREE PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNE To The First Owner of a Stock C6 / ZO6 that makes a call to us !! Please call to make your appointment @ 770- 919-7774"

Something else I found out about Reese.
                      http://www.vetteweb.com/tech/0407vet_flywheel/

Comment

If only I were closer.

Comment

Working...
                        X