Can anybody help me with some homework

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anybody help me with some homework

I am in a college debate/critical thinking class and tomorrow we have to bring in 3 topics that we would be willing to debate about. I will have a partner and we will debate for 48 minutes at the end of the semester (so these need to be some pretty debatable topics) against 2 other people debateing the same topic. So i need help on thinking of some topics, im kinda brain dead right now with all my other homework and i can only think of abortion, and stem cell research, these topics are kinda boring to me so does anybody else have any ideas for me, remember i need to bring in 3 so help me out.

i know you'll pull through for me as usual
    thanks
    tommy
    1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Illegal immigration, War in Iraq, War on terror, Death Penalty, Homosexual Marriage. Isn't college fun .
    1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

thanks great topics, any more ideas anybody
      1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Comment

Obviously any topic involving politics or religion will make for a lively debate. What about something concerning technology; cloning, ogenics, hydrogen powered cars, etc.

Terraforming, border control, plasma propulsion, homsexuality, same sex marriage, intelligent design, evolution, prison overcrowding, potential Chinese threat to US.

A few to get you thinking.

Comment

George W. Bush/ Bush's presidency). Seems this man takes the blame for every problem in the U.S. The hurricane, our poor economy, heck, some people even think he could have prevented the attacks on the World Trade Center. You could debate for days over the president. Since many of the members here are supporters of Bush (I voted for him myself), I'm sure you could get plenty of help. Heck, your paper will practically write itself.
          Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
          SOLD- Kinda miss it
          94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
          SOLD- Good riddance!
          2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

The death penalty and euthanasia just popped into my mind as well.
            Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
            SOLD- Kinda miss it
            94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
            SOLD- Good riddance!
            2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Yeah I figured it's a little late but I have a book that you should check out. Its called Current Issues and Enduring Questions by Sylvan Barnet and Hugo Bedau. I had to read it for an English class. I'm sure if you go to a big university they will have it in the library. Sadly I had to buy it... I think it was like $50. It really helps out for any argument paper.
              Speed kills... Drive a Ford and live forever!

Comment

Most the big debate issues that pop into my head have already been named. I'm not sure if this is debate material but mabey global warming? Patriot Act? Gun Controll? Prayer in School?

But, reguardless of the topic.. I have faith that you as a member of the F-Body brethren.. will no doubt become the master debator.

*edit* now that I read this I see that I am lame. Debate material?

87 z28 w/93 LT1 and 700r4

Comment

how about teaching creations or the evolution theroy in schools...? religon, politics all wraped in one
                  1990 Eagle talon TSI- daily driver

78' firebird formula -350/350- stock...now dead

Comment

de plane! de plane!
                    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

How about the hot one atm. Freedom of press vs Individual rights? You can debate about whats happening in the world about the cartoon issue. Maybe Freedom of the press vs national security, now and in ww2 alot of stuff is actuly censored from the masses to protect possible threats to the nation?
                      How about Globilization - debate how its good/bad for the extreams of this. Maybe a debate on the lack of enviromental legeslation on 3rd world nations - ie china being able to produce products and pollute w/o close to the same enviromental/safty requirements of most industrial nations because they are still a 3rd world country.

Theres tons to debate about just a few diffrent ones to think about if your intrested.
                      94 Formula Firebird, 355, heads port and polished, cc503 cam, 30# injectors, PCMforless Tune, B&M 2400 stall, K&N CAI, BBK Sorty Headers, Magnaflow Highflow Cat, Borla Catback exhaust with electronic cutout.

Comment

I was in a debate class in college, and we had a topic that actually got pretty heated. It was capital punishment. Always good to get the blood flowing.
                        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I think you should debate about something differant rather than the usual debats such as homosexual marriage and the death penalty. Everybody has heard those debates over and over and I think you should spice it up by choosing a differant topic. I think you could debate about legal age for the consent of sex... i like the freedom of press/speech thing... free trade with cuba... something differant. How about assisted suicide and euthinasia... legalize weed... television/radio censorship... youth culture in relation to antisocial and deviant behaviour.. existence of God... internet policing... hosting olympics... thats all i can think of right now.. ill post more if i think of any.
                          - 1995 Trans Am - V8 5.7L - Ttops - Leather - Dark Green - Flowmaster w/ Catback - KN Filter - Headers - Peformance Chip -

Comment

ok the class come up with like 30 different things everything from "if the 1985 chicago bears are the best team ever to seatbelt laws to gay adoption and just about everything inbetween. thanks for the help guys

Comment

at drunken bonfires me and my friend debate for hours. Ford vs. Chevy

We never stop, people usually have to step in and stop the debate lol
                              97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Working...
                              X