Where to find Grade 8 bolts.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find Grade 8 bolts.

I need to get some bolts for my engine stand, I was just wondering if they would sell them at local hardware stores and such (not necessarily home depot i know they dont have them there) or if I'd have to order them from somewhere...

Edit: I was hoping not to have to order a bolt kit from somewhere and pay for shipping along with the cost of bolts.
    -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

My local Ace/Westlake hardware store sells them. I just got some for my engine stands not too long ago.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

I bought some last year at a local marina. I needed a couple for a pulley system I built in my shed. A friend of mine who owns a boat told me to try the marina. Sure enough.
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Well I called the Ace around me and they said they sell them so I'll probably go to them. No marinas around here....i wish though, i love being out on the water. Anyways going to go pick up my LT1 for a rebuild Saturday (don't worry Ill post some pictures) and my Dad hadn't had a chanc eto look for them yet so I need to pick some up first before i got to get it on the stand.

I'll post the pics when I get em!
        -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

NAPA has them.
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by thenuge876
            I need to get some bolts for my engine stand, I was just wondering if they would sell them at local hardware stores and such (not necessarily home depot i know they dont have them there) or if I'd have to order them from somewhere...

Edit: I was hoping not to have to order a bolt kit from somewhere and pay for shipping along with the cost of bolts.
            I got some grade 8 bolts at Lowes

Comment

You can find them at many auto parts stores and hardware stores, but it sort of hit or miss. Out local Home Depot has never kept their bolt bins stocked, and the local Pep Boys chain store just got rid of the nut and bolt bins because it was too hard to keep them organized and stocked (and I think a lot of them just disappeared into people's pockets, because they were too cheap to pay 25-cents for what they needed ).

For online stuff, try McMaster-Carr. We use them all the time for commercial work, and they have a huge stock of obscure items. Good thing is their local distribution center is about 15-minutes from my house. When dealing with a source that supplies commercial users, you have a better chance of avoiding counterfeit bolts... and that is a huge problem.

http://www.mcmaster.com/
              Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
              X