Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#29 OF 29 LT4 Firehawk back on ebay, 27 miles!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #29 OF 29 LT4 Firehawk back on ebay, 27 miles!

I know that a few folks on here and other boards thought I was full of it when I brought this up about 5 years ago, but here it is again. The car was rolled off the transport truck, onto a rollback, and dropped in this guys garage according to the "legend". Now, here it is again on ebay, STUPID price, still never been run. Can you say "useless pile of Barrett-Jackson destined, never to be driven junk?!"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ponti...10204082QQrdZ1
    "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

wow...

that's one perfect bird.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

If it's real, and it looks the part, they should hang on to it for a while. It could very well be worth triple that in 10-15 years and it deserves to be. That's a rare find, and I'm not too sure I would call it junk??

Comment

If I were loaded I would pick that car up in a heartbeat.
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

If I had the money I would promptly buy this car and drive it to work. Enough said, its a car and its ment to be driven.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
          Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
          6.2L/382.97 ci
          Custom PROM Dyno tuned
          WCT-5 speed
          BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
          Boss MS 18" Rims
          Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
          Custom Dual exhaust
          1LE upgrade
          Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
          In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Originally posted by DeWynter
            If I had the money I would promptly buy this car and drive it to work. Enough said, its a car and its ment to be driven.
            I agree with ya on that...but if the fact he didn't is why we can enjoy a perfect LT4 bird almost a decade later. The other 28 are running around, but this is just such a rare find...I'm glad he didn't drive it...I probably wouldn't either.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
            Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
            B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
            Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
            Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

i would be afraid to drive it.... but after i put my first 100 miles on it then that would be gone. cause to really enjoy a lt4 bird she'd have to be driven
              1990 Eagle talon TSI- daily driver

78' firebird formula -350/350- stock...now dead

Comment

I would use it as I did my WS6 when I had it... cruise on the weekend, drive to work on super nice days, shows, etc. I put about 3-4k miles a year on my 97 WS6. I would try to keep it as showroom as possible though, but the whole point of a car is to drive it, they are not meant to be investments. Even a car that is never driven and is stored perfectly will deteriorate over time. Might as well get some enjoyment out of it.
                Dave M
                Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
                  I would use it as I did my WS6 when I had it... cruise on the weekend, drive to work on super nice days, shows, etc. I put about 3-4k miles a year on my 97 WS6. I would try to keep it as showroom as possible though, but the whole point of a car is to drive it, they are not meant to be investments. Even a car that is never driven and is stored perfectly will deteriorate over time. Might as well get some enjoyment out of it.
                  Exactly what I'm doing to mine now. Weekends, nice days, that's really it. I put just under 2K on it last year (I only work 5 miles from door to door). My longest drives were weekend cruising.
                  SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                  SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                  17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                  Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I totally agree that cars are meant to be driven, but there are unique or rare cars out there that are wise and likely gainful investments. The owner of this car obviously needs the money or he would not be selling this car at this point in time.....unless he just doesn't have a clue. Just because you invest in a house doesn't mean you have to live in it.

Lot's of people are very successful and make their living at simply investing in cars and selling them. There is absolutely nothing wrong with purchasing a car with the sole intent to make money off of it by restoring it or holding on to it until it is worth a significant amount more.

This is America boys, land of oppurtunity.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                      I totally agree that cars are meant to be driven, but there are unique or rare cars out there that are wise and likely gainful investments. The owner of this car obviously needs the money or he would not be selling this car at this point in time.....unless he just doesn't have a clue. Just because you invest in a house doesn't mean you have to live in it.

Lot's of people are very successful and make their living at simply investing in cars and selling them. There is absolutely nothing wrong with purchasing a car with the sole intent to make money off of it by restoring it or holding on to it until it is worth a significant amount more.

This is America boys, land of oppurtunity.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, I'm just saying I wouldn't be able to have a car like that, or any great, amazing, rare car, no matter what it was worth, and not want to drive it from time to time. That car is almost 10 years old and probably wasn't driven by any of its owners for for than 5 miles. I just wouldn't be able to do that.
                      Dave M

Comment

car belongs to a guy that goes by "Hawkeye" on the forums, but not "hawkeye" from Canada, my friend, a different one. Dave Hamburger, ex slp webmaster and who's Dad owns slp knows him personally. He bought two of them, one he used as an everyday driver, the other one is this one...stored it....put no miles on it...

its ligit.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

How is the original owner making money? The LT4 cars invoiced around $39k and stickered for $42k but most sold between $45-50k. Purchased my SS in '99 with 7k miles and #093 currently has 19k, but has never seen rain. Always thought PW & PL were standard equipment, but this Firehawk did start out as a Formula. At the very least now I know who manufactured the Springs in my car, nice?

If I had $40k to burn a 4-speed Lucerne Blue 1971-72 455-HO Trans Am would be in my garage, not a Firehawk.

Eric 97LT4SS #093

Comment

Originally posted by Eric 97LT4SS
                            How is the original owner making money? The LT4 cars invoiced around $39k and stickered for $42k but most sold between $45-50k. Purchased my SS in '99 with 7k miles and #093 currently has 19k, but has never seen rain. Always thought PW & PL were standard equipment, but this Firehawk did start out as a Formula. At the very least now I know who manufactured the Springs in my car, nice?

If I had $40k to burn a 4-speed Lucerne Blue 1971-72 455-HO Trans Am would be in my garage, not a Firehawk.

Eric 97LT4SS #093
                            Well, that's precisely the point. He's not asking enough. This car is worth much more and if the Firebird/Trans Am's are truly going to be a thing of the past, it should only continue to increase in value.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                              Well, that's precisely the point. He's not asking enough. This car is worth much more and if the Firebird/Trans Am's are truly going to be a thing of the past, it should only continue to increase in value.

My guess is he needs the money. He's asking a low price because he either needs to dump it quick or he's confident the price will get bid up. He obviously knows it's a collector's item, he bought it solely to store it, never drove it, still has the plastic on it, etc. My guess is there is a reason he's selling it now and asking such a "low" price. In another 10-20 years that car will likely be worth a lot.
                              Dave M

Comment

Working...
                              X