just talked to the guy that bought my Comp T/A

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just talked to the guy that bought my Comp T/A

Mat called. first time i've heard from him in over a year. he's just been busy. funny, he found out thru the grape vine i got the goat...wants to come see it....

he's put only 3k miles on the Comp since he bought it, thats been over 2 years ago......he says he just does not drive it....it sits under cover.

well, he went to get the emission check done to renew the tags, and got a "cannot read" pcm for data from the tester. i didnt realize, but now, in VA, on cars 96 and older with obdII, they plug a reader in the pcm dash port instead of using a sniffer and dyno. he was bewildered...not sure what to do.....

well.....the answer was simple, and he picked up on it right away.... my pcm was reprogramed by Ed Wright of Fast Chips after the cam and the work was done...he knocked the pcm down to obdI...... so i told Mat to tell them it's a 1995 pcm in there.......... LOL.... he should be fine, they will have to do it the old way........dyno and sniffer.....LOL the car will pass, i know it will..... i ran her thru twice before I sold her, she came up with very good numbers.

good hearing from him again......

this spring, he's gonna cruise over with the Comp T/A and we are going to get a pic of it and the gto side by side.... thats gonna be weird. ive not seen the car since he bought it.......

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

You are gonna want it back....... I would.
    Greg W. in West Michigan
    1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
    1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
    1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
    1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
    1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
    <Motor out

Comment

yep, your gonna want it back...

She's Red and she's Rare.

~Black Beauty ~ Last 97 & LT1 Hawk

Comment

Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back Buy it back

lol
        Steve
        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

well, conencidently, Mat 's fiance is pregnant. and they talked about whether to keep both cars (he also has a cherry 95 z28)..they agreed they "should".... i have a feeling, with that baby comming...things may change.........

uh oh.

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

This might shead so light on emissions for us VA Guys.
            This applies to north counties like stafford,fairfax,manassas,loudoun,etc..
            link
            96 Camaro Z28/A4,Vortech elbow,Moroso CAI,Flowmaster.Addco PHR,LCA,160* Stat,pcmforless,1LE Driveshaft,1LE A/C delete pulley,1LE Front sway bar,Strut brace,sub frames, LT4 knock module,255 lph pump,Cutout,

Comment

i thnk u should post pics of the comp t/a to refresh our memory of the exquisite condition
              1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

A word of caution...

Not sure about VA laws, but in NJ, installing an OBD1 PCM on a car that had OBD2 is illegal. He may still have a serious problem. In essence, if the car doesn't match the identifiers in the PCM, you won't pass.

But then again, this is NJ.

BTW, the PCM check is not a state thing. Rather, the EPA published results of a study they did which confirmed the accuracy of OBD2, hence the choice to sniff or read the PCM. As I understand it though, if you are not showing a "check engine light", they should not be checking the PCM. In other words, no light means the emission controls are working as designed.
                Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Originally posted by Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                  A word of caution...

Not sure about VA laws, but in NJ, installing an OBD1 PCM on a car that had OBD2 is illegal. He may still have a serious problem. In essence, if the car doesn't match the identifiers in the PCM, you won't pass.

But then again, this is NJ.

BTW, the PCM check is not a state thing. Rather, the EPA published results of a study they did which confirmed the accuracy of OBD2, hence the choice to sniff or read the PCM. As I understand it though, if you are not showing a "check engine light", they should not be checking the PCM. In other words, no light means the emission controls are working as designed.
                  im familiar with that in nj, not so here. and i told him, no ses..they shouldnt even be checking, but he said they insisted they had to anyway.........

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                    im familiar with that in nj, not so here. and i told him, no ses..they shouldnt even be checking, but he said they insisted they had to anyway.........
                    Didn't you say the car is out here in CA? If so, then they will check anyways since its supposed to be an OBDII car.
                    Steve
                    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Working...
                    X