1991 Bandit II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 Bandit II

I found one for sale here, body is in rough shape, Interior is in good condition. Nothing a little TLC and a paint job wouldn't fix. Looks like it has a 305 TBI. It runs but only if you are pouring fuel in the throttle body. They changed the fuel pump and lines.
    Anyone have info on these cars? Haven't found much searching the net.

edit: this is all I've found:
    * Chattanooga Custom Creations "Bandit II" Formulas and Trans Ams (1990-1991) (Chattanooga Custom Creations converted 600 Formulas and Trans Ams to modern 'Bandit' Editions in 1990 and 1991, which were then sold at Pontiac dealerships. The car featured the ground effects all around, the hood sccop (more like a bubble cause it didn't even appear to be operational like the later 2nd gens at least looked the part), special wheels simulating the 15x8 snowflakes, and interior appointments such as a gold dash and embroidered floor mats and seats.)

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
    '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
    Bruce, μολων λαβέ

i bet the injectors arent gettin signals to fire
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by 88bird5spd
      i bet the injectors arent gettin signals to fire
      That's what I was thinking. The car has VATS, what exactly does that system disable? I never had a car with it so never paid any attention. I've read several conflicting posts on TGO about VATS.

Looks like they'll let the car go for $500. Does this seem like a good deal? Again, it's in fair condition outside, good condition inside. Doesn't have the right rims (chrome aftermarkets). Needs tires.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
      '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
      Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

for 500$ get it, worse comes to wrose u get ur money back by parting it out. the vats i think kills the fuel system, just get 15 different resistors and see if that works
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Working...
        X