A few pics of my Twin Turbo project!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few pics of my Twin Turbo project!

Just some basic info. This is an LS2 block stroker 402 CID. I had a local machine shop build the bottom end and I did the rest. I'm trying to take my time and just enjoy the project. The only time constraint is that I want it complete by July to caravan to the Annual Z06 Festival in Bowling Green.

Here she is before the surgeon entered the room.

A couple hours later.

Parts is parts.

Something is missing.

Cleaned up the engine bay and the cradle.

Out with the old and in with the new.

Spec III hybrid.

She's in. The reason there is no intake or injectors on the engine is that the turbo company failed to send me the rails. So I'm on them.

Headers, plugs installed.

I have the driver's side turbo and exhaust system installed but don't have any pics. I'll post more as I progress.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Very nice!!

She's Red and she's Rare.

~Black Beauty ~ Last 97 & LT1 Hawk

Comment

Sweet!

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
      Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
      6.2L/382.97 ci
      Custom PROM Dyno tuned
      WCT-5 speed
      BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
      Boss MS 18" Rims
      Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
      Custom Dual exhaust
      1LE upgrade
      Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
      In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

I always wanted to see the motor to drivetrain connection on the C5. Cool Thanks.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Sweet Norm. Keep the pics coming. No bellhousing on that tranny?? Id like to see more shots of the header setup. Are you going to put the turbo's in front of the motor? That projects gotta be a blast. I love a good engine rebuild. Always fun.
          97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

WoW very nice
            1997 Trans AM WS6 vert
            1 of 463
            LT4 knock module
            D. Goetz sub-frame connectors.
            strut tower brace
            SLP fan switch
            160* t/stat
            Drilled and slotted rotors/ Earls SS brake lines/ Hawk pads
            DMS 1.5" progressive lowering springs

Pictures Here

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
              Sweet Norm. Keep the pics coming. No bellhousing on that tranny?? Id like to see more shots of the header setup. Are you going to put the turbo's in front of the motor? That projects gotta be a blast. I love a good engine rebuild. Always fun.
              Yes, there is a bellhousing. It's just not in the pics. Here are some pics of the parts sitting by themselves and of the location of the turbos. These are not pics of my car, just some off of the manufacturer's web site.

LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Where is the drooling smilie????

She's Red and she's Rare.

~Black Beauty ~ Last 97 & LT1 Hawk

Comment

That is going to be sooooo nice.
                  94 Formula Firebird, 355, heads port and polished, cc503 cam, 30# injectors, PCMforless Tune, B&M 2400 stall, K&N CAI, BBK Sorty Headers, Magnaflow Highflow Cat, Borla Catback exhaust with electronic cutout.

Comment

That car is going to be unstoppable. I hope we get some video when it's done.
                    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Sweet ride Norm!

Comment

Is the front sub frame/engine crade made from auminum or Magnesium?

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                        Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                        6.2L/382.97 ci
                        Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                        WCT-5 speed
                        BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                        Boss MS 18" Rims
                        Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                        Custom Dual exhaust
                        1LE upgrade
                        Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
                        In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                          .... No bellhousing on that tranny??
                          And to clarify.... that's not the tranny you see poking out from under the firewall/tunnel. That's the input for the driveshaft in the torque tube that runs to the T56 tranny, mounted in the back in an integral unit with the differential.
                          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

If your not sure what to do with the old engine, I'll take it off your hands!!
                            No F-Body right now

Comment

Originally posted by Mark B
                              If your not sure what to do with the old engine, I'll take it off your hands!!

What are you going to do with that old engine, Norm?
                              Dave M
                              Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Working...
                              X