Need to reserve website address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to reserve website address

I'm going to setup a website in the near future, and need to reserve some addresses. Any idea with whom I should go on this?

I need to develope the website for online sales of pump parts, any ideas on a designer and a host? Someone in Florida? Should I just develope it myself with some store bought software?

Thanx for any input1

The Old Guy! '94 z-28, m-6, t-tops, go-fast red, 316k. Now with '96 engine w/ Lt-4 hot cam, roller rockers, heavy duty timing chain, and Spec stage 2 clutch.

If you just want to buy the domain name you can go with just about any company... but I think Godaddy.com is about the cheapest. $8.95/yr. Once you're ready to develop the site you can always transfer if to someone else if you want.
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Thanx! I'll start there for now. Obviously cheaper than register.com at $75.
      The Old Guy! '94 z-28, m-6, t-tops, go-fast red, 316k. Now with '96 engine w/ Lt-4 hot cam, roller rockers, heavy duty timing chain, and Spec stage 2 clutch.

Comment

There are tons of domain registrar and hosting companies out there. I have used Domain Direct for many years without any problems.

If you are looking for the absolute cheapest hosting/domain packages, try IPower and GoDaddy. They are both less than $3.95 a month. I think IPower includes domain registration into their cost as GoDaddy does not I believe.

Also, the longer you pay in advance, the cheaper the monthly fee becomes. You can usually even request that your payments be posted quarterly or even annually

Comment

I believe Yahoo! also has domain names available.

EDIT: Here's the link for Yahoo! Web Hosting. It gives you a quick rundown of the package deal.
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I use godaddy for my website and email. I host the website on a server in my basement, and godadday just has my forwarder.
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:
            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I'm using this one here for my site.

http://order.1and1.com/xml/order;jse...9F1BEE85.TC60b

I think it was somebody on here that mentioned that they had a two or three year free hosting promo deal. I'v ebeen using it for a while now and no bills so far besides the domain fee.

Very Happy with their service.
              97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
              X