Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saddam wanted to use WMDs against USA

Whoa.

So... where does this leave the Bush-bashers?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11373537/
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
    So... where does this leave the Bush-bashers?
    Finding something else to bash him about, all while spinning the words they hear. It's a talent, really.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

The leftys will find a way to cleverly spin this news probably.....or focus their negativity on something else in the Bush administration.

At least there is some 'suggestion' as to Saddam knowing about the WMD's.

Anybody hear anything about Cindy Sheehan recently? Maybe the mothership fianlly came to pick her up.

Comment

The article I read included some other Saddam quotes that aren't included in the article you posted Jay, that I saw. It said Saddam warned the US and Britain about these attacks. There is nothing in those articles to say Iraq was the one planning these attacks. In fact, from the article you posted.... ""We shouldn’t be surprised to see a car bomb with nuclear [material] explode [in] Washington, either germ or chemical," Saddam tells aides. "So this is coming,” Saddam says on the tapes, “but not from Iraq," he adds, seeming to indicate that Iraq would not be the source of any such attack."

From ABC story: "Terrorism is coming. I told the Americans," Saddam is heard saying, adding he "told the British as well."

"In the future, what would prevent a booby trapped car causing a nuclear explosion in Washington or a germ or a chemical one?" Saddam said.

But he insisted Iraq would never launch such an attack. "This story is coming, but not from Iraq," he said."

These articles do not prove Iraq wanted to use WMD's against America as your title suggests. I'm not saying he didn't, I'm just saying this is not the proof you're hoping for.
        Dave M
        Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
          The article I read included some other Saddam quotes that aren't included in the article you posted Jay, that I saw. It said Saddam warned the US and Britain about these attacks. There is nothing in those articles to say Iraq was the one planning these attacks. In fact, from the article you posted.... ""We shouldn’t be surprised to see a car bomb with nuclear [material] explode [in] Washington, either germ or chemical," Saddam tells aides. "So this is coming,” Saddam says on the tapes, “but not from Iraq," he adds, seeming to indicate that Iraq would not be the source of any such attack."

From ABC story: "Terrorism is coming. I told the Americans," Saddam is heard saying, adding he "told the British as well."

"In the future, what would prevent a booby trapped car causing a nuclear explosion in Washington or a germ or a chemical one?" Saddam said.

But he insisted Iraq would never launch such an attack. "This story is coming, but not from Iraq," he said."

These articles do not prove Iraq wanted to use WMD's against America as your title suggests. I'm not saying he didn't, I'm just saying this is not the proof you're hoping for.
          I guess people will always see what they want to see.

The article also contained this:

In the transcripts, one of Saddam’s aides discusses filling missiles with germs. “Yes, the intention is that the missile will be filled with chemical or germ, and when it comes down it will cover a wider circle than the traditional missile,” the aide tells Saddam. Saddam replies: “That’s good, they are teaching us things that will be useful in the future.”

So apparently, your response helped me answer my original quesiton... they'll still look for anything they can that supports their own agenda. Maybe that's true for both sides.

Oh well.
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

Let me put this into context so that's more applicable to your life...

Let's say you have an "acquaintance" who lives a couple blocks over from your house. He's not your neighbor, but you know of him. You don't get along with him, and you have a history of disagreeing with him. It isn't just you who doesn't get along with him - all of your neighbors seem to have a problem with him as well. He's "creepy". You question his motives and you don't trust anything he says.

Then one day, this person (that no one likes or trusts) says that your kids are going to be attacked. He doesn't say when, or by who. He just says that something terrible is going to happen to them. Then, he goes so far as to say they're going to be shot - and names a few specific guns which may shoot them, but he puts a disclaimer on it that says it won't be him who does the shooting. Then someone tells him of a new type of gun, and he responds with - good... something I can use in the future.

I suppose the most reasonable thing to do is to take no action against this man because he said it wasn't going to be him who does the harm.

Comment

Of course Saddam would infatically try to suggest that Iraq would have nothing to do with any "future" attacks. Now that would just ruin Saddam's little surprise party now wouldn't it.

C'mon Dave.

Comment

Those comments, as far as I know, were made with the belief that they would never be made public, so it's possible Saddam was saying what he really thought.....that'd they'd never attack the US. It's also possible Jay is completely right. The news, no matter if it is right or left wing, tells only a fraction of the whole truth. Whether they are blatantly trying to spin it or just don't have all the facts.... the news can never get all the facts and present them in a way that will give you all the information as if you had experienced it yourself. I know from personal experience. Whatever is said to them will be misquoted or taken out of context to suit their needs. Conservative and liberal both do it, every news outlet is simply a business trying to stay in business and they have an audience they cater to. Take EVERYTHING you read with a grain of salt. I wasn't in Saddam's inner circle so no matter what news reports or "evidence" comes out either way I won't 100% believe.
                Dave M
                Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Those comments, as far as I know, were made with the belief that they would never be made public, so it's possible Saddam was saying what he really thought.....that'd they'd never attack the US. It's also possible Jay is completely right. The news, no matter if it is right or left wing, tells only a fraction of the whole truth. Whether they are blatantly trying to spin it or just don't have all the facts.... the news can never get all the facts and present them in a way that will give you all the information as if you had experienced it yourself. I know from personal experience. Whatever is said to them will be misquoted or taken out of context to suit their needs. Conservative and liberal both do it, every news outlet is simply a business trying to stay in business and they have an audience they cater to. Take EVERYTHING you read with a grain of salt. I wasn't in Saddam's inner circle so no matter what news reports or "evidence" comes out either way I won't 100% believe.
                  Saddam and Usama both know full well that every single word they have recorded will eventually end up in American hands, only to ultimately be made public by the US media.

These guys aren't stupid by any stretch of the imagination. They are in fact of a genius level intelligence. They know exactly what they are doing. They want people like you to believe that their 'secret' recordings were never intended to be public information.

I do agree that there is little to be trusted that comes from the US media nowadays.

Comment

Working...
                  X