Free Long Tudes + Install and Dyno's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Long Tudes + Install and Dyno's

I have a friend who's friend works for Afco Racing. This guy approached me(very nice guy) over a beer lastnight and asked if Afco can "fit" install their
    DynaTech long tube headers and high-flow cats on my '05 GTO. He says they don't currently have a system that will fit the 05 and need to test fit. They want to dyno it before and after, and will do the whole install for free. They will also be giving me my stock pieces back. My question is: Should I do this?

pros. (that I see)
    Long Tude Headers for free (roughly $1,500)
    Professional Install for free
    Dyno numbers for free

Cons (that I see)
    Not ceramic coated
    Will most likely affect my Warrenty
    Test fitting?

I would love some input on the quality of this product. 304 Stainless Steel??? What would you do? Thanks for everything guys, sorry so long

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
    Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

I think it depends on what value you put into the warranty. If it were me, I'd do it. Make sure it's a reputable shop and they aren't going to hack your car to pieces trying to install it and then go for it.
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Just hope they don't break anything. And I wouldn't let them put non-ceramic coated headers on my car. Other than that it sounds like an awesome deal. If those Goats are as packed under the hood as F-Bod's, you definitely want ceramic coated headers.
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

At first I wondered if this thread was about something Blevyou know had discovered in his toilet and was proud of!

All kidding aside, you just need to decide how important your warranty is. If you decide to go ahead and install them, you can always have them ceramic coated.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
          At first I wondered if this thread was about something Blevyou know had discovered in his toilet and was proud of!
          LMAO! HAHA, I just noticed that. hehe, I got a good laugh outta that.
          97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

thanks for the input. Just noticed the title. haha, i'm busy!

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
            Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

ask em if you can pay to have the long tubes ceramic coated first....

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
              X