new "tool" in the house

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new "tool" in the house

one of the guys at the gym, friend of mine, is an x-fbi agent and a recognized handgun expert... the kind the companies send guns to test and he's written a couple of articles for gun magazines......he prefers i dont mention his name on the net, but his first is ok: Bob. knowing that, and the fbi thing and we live in VA..im sure you can pick up on him if you read gun mag rags...

anywho... new from Springfield Armory.....he told me about this gun....

normaly i would have just said "cool...yeah...i got enough..." but the wife has the .45...for home protection, with the lazer, and I love the .45 acp. right now, i have the mustang II .380 and S&W 3913.......

so i went to the local range and fired this beast yesterday......... then i went back later and the range gave me a hell of deal on it.....had to have it......

sure, it's no kimber with wood checkered handles and lizzard cut slides yada yada (nothing against them, awesome guns, wanted the Rapor II since it came out)..but this beast holds 13 rounds in the mag, and one chamber..and fits the hand unreal... a natrual pointNshot polymere... serious protection.... its my new "carry".... cept fer summer, its too big for that, the colt mustang (eeuwww name) II .380 will do the job then, its a knife cliped gun...perfect for t shirts and stuff...

anyway...here it is... going to the range and break it in today on the way to the gym.... then come home and dissasemble and clean it... bonding...you know... ordered a holster for it this eve from Galco, since it only comes with the freebee right handed one, plastic anyway...dont much car for it...

http://www.springfield-armory.com/pr...tl-45acp.shtml

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Crap it is blocked here at work. "guns and bombs"
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

springfield does make some nice weapons. wish I could afford one right now, I'd love to have it. What's the retail $$ on that?
      Dave M
      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

That gun is friggin' sweet!

I'm going to have to check it out at the range this weekend. If it's as nice as it seems, I may be willing to part with my Beretta .40 in order to obtain it.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Those are great guns, I have a service model(4in barrel) in 9mm with a green frame and I have ran about 1000 rounds through it so far with no failures to eject or fire.

Being that it has a double stack mag with big .45 acp rounds in it does it feel really wide? I know it will feel alot wider than a 1911 that is single stack but I would like to know how it feels compared to the 9mm version
          1994 Z28 Camaro-Project carbed 4th gen
          1995 Silverado-beater truck
          2005 Colorado Z71-Daily driver

Comment

Cool! Thanks for the personal review!

I was talking Saturday to the owner of the range I go to, he says they are going to put one out for rental next week. I'll have to go try it. They have 2 in stock for sale right now.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
            '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
            Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

pfffttt......

50 cal Desert Eagle for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                pfffttt......

50 cal Desert Eagle for me.

for concelled carry? where ya gonna stick it? oh.......never mind.......

hahaahaha

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

Originally posted by 94Z/28
                  Those are great guns, I have a service model(4in barrel) in 9mm with a green frame and I have ran about 1000 rounds through it so far with no failures to eject or fire.

Being that it has a double stack mag with big .45 acp rounds in it does it feel really wide? I know it will feel alot wider than a 1911 that is single stack but I would like to know how it feels compared to the 9mm version
                  actually, the magazine is a work of art, as is the taper and shape of the grip..thats how they did it. the mag is tapered, near the top, the rounds are hardly double stacked at all, then the mag gets wider near the bottom, past where your fingers need to "lock on"...much smaller than the glock... even mary could grip it... Im impressed.....

cant wait to do some serious shooting with it next weekend. today was too busy........never made it.

Comment

I was talking Saturday to the owner of the range I go to, he says they are going to put one out for rental next week. I'll have to go try it. They have 2 in stock for sale right now.

You should rent one you will like it. Then you can work a deal on buying both of the two for sale.

Just a little info to anyone interested in XD's. They are from Croatia and were first imported as the HS 2000. Oh and XD stands for xtreme duty

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                      actually, the magazine is a work of art, as is the taper and shape of the grip..thats how they did it. the mag is tapered, near the top, the rounds are hardly double stacked at all, then the mag gets wider near the bottom, past where your fingers need to "lock on"...much smaller than the glock... even mary could grip it... Im impressed.....

cant wait to do some serious shooting with it next weekend. today was too busy........never made it.

Very cool, good to know they got it right, now I want one.

Comment

Originally posted by 94Z/28
                        You should rent one you will like it. Then you can work a deal on buying both of the two for sale.

Just a little info to anyone interested in XD's. They are from Croatia and were first imported as the HS 2000. Oh and XD stands for xtreme duty

correct. and the guts are built to last, more so than the Glock, my friend Bob said...he's had the internals anaylized.....

Comment

Wolf did you Zaino it after you cleaned it is what i want to know.
                          I'am with Joe on the 50 Big toys for Big boys.If you are going to do
                          the job do it right. Blazer

Comment

I fired a .50 Desert Eagle.... Once. It nearly broke my wrists. Last year, I was at my range and the guy next to me was firing one. Big guy. Nearly twice my size. He actually asked if he could take a look at my Taurus as he wanted one for concealed carry. I let him fire some rounds through it, and he handed me his big dog. I fired one shot and (first off, .50 cal rounds are a lot more expensive than 9mm's are).

When you go from pumping 100 rounds through a Taurus 9mm, to then firing a .50 cal handgun... Let's just say it's a bit different.

Cool experience though.
                            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer
                              Wolf did you Zaino it after you cleaned it is what i want to know.
                              I'am with Joe on the 50 Big toys for Big boys.If you are going to do
                              the job do it right. Blazer
                              you cant conceal a weapon of that size very easily nor carry it in comfort. with 14 rounds of .45 acp i dont think i'll have a problem "doing the job"......

gun silk. no zaino.

Comment

Working...
                              X