So steamed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So steamed.

I hate snow so much. I'm driving home, babying the car the entire way, even took the long way cause I know how people drive when we get a little snow on the ground. That, and the fact that this car rides like crap in the snow. I slowly creep down the street.

I hit my street, I turn right.

I'm going probably 10 MPH, my house is the first house on the block, so it's like 40 feet from the turn. I start turning into the driveway and braking.

CAR DOES NOT STOP. Slides right into the back of the Conquest in front of the house.

Now I got a nice stress crack on my front clip. Just freakin' beautiful. I am so steamed about this. I hate snow, and I can't understand why the car could not stop at all. I slid for probably 10 feet without slowing down at all, right into the back of the car, and I rocked it hard.

No paint chipped but it has hairline stress cracks. I'm in such a rage.

Oh well, there are worse things.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

D@mn man that's rough. I hate driving these cars in the snow too, glad the damage wasn't worse though, hope you can get it fixed up quick too.
    -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

I can NOT figure out why people like you and I still live here.
      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
        Well for me, I can't survive yet without family support. Once I can stand on my own two feet financially, I'm outta here. I hate this crap. Don't get me wrong, I love MI in the summer, but it's a joke.
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
          Well for me, I can't survive yet without family support. Once I can stand on my own two feet financially, I'm outta here. I hate this crap. Don't get me wrong, I love MI in the summer, but it's a joke.
          I guess for me, I can't survive without employment, hahahaha...

I do love my job here. The ONLY reason I will stay, but hopefully, relatively soon (1-2 years), I'll be able to move somewhere and work from home.
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

I am assuming your car is an auto. If you ever find your self in a situation like that again, like coming to a stop where the car still moves even though you have applied the brake, put the car in neutral. Trust me, you will notice the car will stop.

I figure that it is because when it is slippery, we don't want to brake too hard for fear of locking the wheels and skidding into something. We apply the brake lighter and the engine continues to drive the wheels because the brake is not holding it back. Put it in neutral and ease the brake. It stops.

Manual drivers don't have this issue becasue the clutch is in when stopping.

This is what we learn after 20+ years of driving in Buffalo. Sorry to hear about your car.......

EDIT: Ok I see you have an M6 ? Must have been some ice under you then......

Comment

And that is why I deal with Hurricanes.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320

Ditto on that one.
                Richard Harvey Jr.
                '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Comment

Or the occasional earthquake
                  Steve
                  79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                  87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                  93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                  http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Ice? Snow? Hurricanes? Earthquakes? What the heck is that stuff?

Comment

Hmmm...

5 months of dreary, inhospitable, cold, harsh, cloud-covered weather... or perennial possibility of complete homestead devastation... ?

Yeah, that's kind of a toss-up for me too

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                        Ice? Snow? Hurricanes? Earthquakes? What the heck is that stuff?
                        Rednecks, smog, plains, border problems, pollution... what the heck is THAT stuff????

Comment

Rednecks, smog, plains, border problems, pollution... what the heck is THAT stuff????
                          Ain't no rednecks round here!

You know you're a redneck when your 'Mama' says the following after getting off the toilet; "Bubba.........you gotta come see the size of this thing!"

Comment

Thats just wrong

Yep, Im in the process of finding the most moderate state for my future home but theres always something to deal with everywhere, ill just get an RV and a trailer for the T/A and go to where the weathers warm,
                            -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

You could always move to Connecticut where we have to deal with New England weather, and the joy of sharing the road with a combination of Boston and New York drivers.
                              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
                              X