Cheney going to retire in November

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheney going to retire in November

Just heard on Fox News, that Dick Cheney is going to retire in November. They said that apparently there is a rift that has developed between him and Bush over the the past years. I have my ideas who he is going to pick for Vice President....

To be added soon-Firebird Graphic

wow... hadn't heard that. I've read that Cheney's shooting incident really affected him, maybe that has something to do with it. Although I know he has health problems too.
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
      wow... hadn't heard that. I've read that Cheney's shooting incident really affected him, maybe that has something to do with it. Although I know he has health problems too.
      They said the shooting incident and the Scooter Libby trial that is coming up the 1st of next year, probably have a lot to do with it, along with Cheney's health problems.

Comment

He's had 3 minor heart attacks over the years. Might be playing into it.
        96 Camaro Z28/A4,Vortech elbow,Moroso CAI,Flowmaster.Addco PHR,LCA,160* Stat,pcmforless,1LE Driveshaft,1LE A/C delete pulley,1LE Front sway bar,Strut brace,sub frames, LT4 knock module,255 lph pump,Cutout,

Comment

I'm still not seeing anything about it anywhere on the web or other news channels. You would think this would be big news, the VP retiring while in office. You must have gotten the scoop!
          Dave M
          Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

I'm still not seeing anything about it anywhere on the web or other news channels. You would think this would be big news, the VP retiring while in office. You must have gotten the scoop!
            Well, that's what they said on Fox & Friends this morning, so I guess it's true

Comment

I can't either. I'm wondering if they were just contemplating what would happen if rather than it being the news.
              2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                I can't either. I'm wondering if they were just contemplating what would happen if rather than it being the news.
                I can't find anything else on it either. I wish I had recorded it, but they said he was set to retire in November after the 06 elections. Then they speculated as to why he was going to do it and who they thought was going to take his place. I have seen other news reports like this before, where it comes out and then you don't hear anything more about it for a while-if at all. I believe Bush wants Condoleeza Rice for his Vice President anyway, at this point in time, and of course that would set her up for running against Hillary on the 2008 elections

Comment

I'd vote for Condoleeza. Go read her bio sometime, she is amazing.
                  Tracy
                  2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                  1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                  Current Mods:
                  SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                    I'd vote for Condoleeza. Go read her bio sometime, she is amazing.
                    As would I. In my opinion, she would torch Hillary and make her look silly in the debates.
                    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                      As would I. In my opinion, she would torch Hillary and make her look silly in the debates.
                      Yup. Condy is 100% the real thing. She is genuine. I can trust her.

Hillary is manufactured, she sways to the direction of whatever she thinks is popular. I dont trust her one bit. She'll do whatever is to her advantage.

It's about time America had a female president. I cant wait to see how some of these foreign cultures that dont respect women react to Condy calling the shots. This will be interesting, it could even have a global impact on how women are treated in various backwards parts of the world.
                      Tracy
                      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                      Current Mods:
                      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

This is the only thing that I have found so far:

Cheney to retire after 2006 Elections

Comment

Another: http://www.insightmag.com/Media/Medi...er/cheney3.htm

Another: http://www.blogsforbush.com/mt/archives/006596.html

And there are others just like this, so I guess we will have to stay tuned....

Comment

Originally posted by 2Fbodcru
                            This is the only thing that I have found so far:

Cheney to retire after 2006 Elections
                            "Senior GOP sources envision the retirement of Mr. Cheney in 2007, months after the congressional elections. The sources said Mr. Cheney would be persuaded to step down as he becomes an increasing political liability to President Bush."
                            Nothing there.
                            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                              "Senior GOP sources envision the retirement of Mr. Cheney in 2007, months after the congressional elections. The sources said Mr. Cheney would be persuaded to step down as he becomes an increasing political liability to President Bush."
                              Nothing there.
                              No, so far nothing substantial, but Steve E.D. and Brian on "Fox and Friends", talked like it was going to happen for sure, somewhere around November.

Comment

Working...
                              X