Good news from Iraq

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news from Iraq

Time for some balance to the reports coming from Iraq.
    http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/op...ists/64752.htm
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

It's pretty sad that anything positive out of Iraq has to be told in the opinions section of the paper.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Building a military from scratch and changing its culture profoundly is incredibly difficult, yet Bolger's impressed that, after some undeniable birth pains (before Bolger's tenure), the Iraqi army's development is accelerating impressively.
      I think the majority of our US citizens, even some of the GOP's, just cannot fathom how incredibly monumental this task is. It's a tough 'big picture' to swallow even for an intelligent person, but I believe that we are doing the right thing and I believe the Middle East and quite possibly the world will be better from this campaign.

I wish our own media would consider publicizing more good news like this more often. There is so much good that it resultant of this Iraq War that just goes without merit.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
        I wish our own media would consider publicizing more good news like this more often. There is so much good that it resultant of this Iraq War that just goes without merit.
        It doesn't benefit our media to report the good in Iraq. Failure makes news more intriguing to the uninformed public. Besides, it would prove these same media outlets that were against this war from day one that they were wrong.
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
          It doesn't benefit our media to report the good in Iraq. Failure makes news more intriguing to the uninformed public. Besides, it would prove these same media outlets that were against this war from day one that they were wrong.
          I was sorta being sarcastic, we just don't have any good sarcastic smilies. I agree....the Media is just one big money hungry machine, and God forbid if they ever reported on something enlightening.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
            I was sorta being sarcastic, we just don't have any good sarcastic smilies. I agree....the Media is just one big money hungry machine, and God forbid if they ever reported on something enlightening.
            I know you were. I just look for any opportunity to lambast the media.
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

Comment

There's too many darn reporters out there. The same stories are repeated through so many outlets that sometimes I have trouble recognizing a new story from a previous one. Not only that, but there's also a lot of opinion mixed in now too....and I'm not hitting on any side in particular, but it's all over the place. Opinion is being reported almost as fact.
              Joe K.
              '11 BMW 328i
              '10 Matrix S AWD
              Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 96 Zeee!!
                There's too many darn reporters out there. The same stories are repeated through so many outlets that sometimes I have trouble recognizing a new story from a previous one. Not only that, but there's also a lot of opinion mixed in now too....and I'm not hitting on any side in particular, but it's all over the place. Opinion is being reported almost as fact.
                ...as with the Fox & Friends statement about Dick Cheney retiring in November 06'

To be added soon-Firebird Graphic

Comment

Working...
                X