the best

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the best

just put my new REAL engine in my camaro. its a 4.6 mustang. took some mods but 5 speed tranny and ford nine inch it does the trick much faster

Originally posted by gregp
    just put my new REAL engine in my camaro. its a 4.6 mustang. took some mods but 5 speed tranny and ford nine inch it does the trick much faster
    Ummmm, and why did you do this? The new 4.6's are just now able to compete with slightly-modded LT1s. Heck, I had a guy in an 05 GT try and run with me...sucks for him he lost . It is a custom job, that's for sure. But, you probably could have saved yourself a lot of time, money and hassle using a GM motor...not to mention gotten better gas mileage, had more power and that hearty 350 exhaust note. But to each their own
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

You're kidding, right? What grade you in?

Comment

man your just getting beat up on this forum, who conviced you into trading a 5.7L for a 4.6L or are you a die-hard ford guy?

Comment

what da heezie?! Um...I wanna see this. Any pics?

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

If this guy is even old enough to drive, I would be surprised.

He's obviously just trolling for some controversy.

Greg, this is an awesome crowd here at f-body.com and you are losing trust fast. Just a little advice....It would be wise to try another approach.

Comment

So your 12 second LS1 just became a 13 second 4.6?
              94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Stupidest thread ever.
                Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

This ends now. I wouldn't buy the fact that you re-registered under a different name, you are simply trolling for attention and you got it. I can read IPs (yours is: 69.24.45.12. The host name is: PTR-69.24.45.12.ctol.net.)
                  and could see you playing around a mile away. We don't put up with game players...... see ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
                    Ummmm, and why did you do this?

He did it because he couldn't figgure out what water pump went on his lt1...lol....sorry, had to go there
                    Tom Rawlinson
                    1998 Z28
                    94k and counting...

Comment

Originally posted by phastls1
                      He did it because he couldn't figgure out what water pump went on his lt1...lol....sorry, had to go there
                      Because they're all different, that's right, I forgot. Thanks for reminding me lol
                      Steve
                      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

I understand where you're coming from brother. I'm sure the Ford 4.6 is a least a little bit stronger than the 151ci, 90HP Iron Duke 4-cylinder engine that came stock in your 1982 base model Camaro.

Next thing you know, you'll swap in a 3.8L GM V6 and have a fast car. Then you can play with the grownups.
                        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

No you guys got it all wrong. He did it so all his Pony car friends could say they beat a Camaro.
                          97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
                            Ummmm, and why did you do this? The new 4.6's are just now able to compete with slightly-modded LT1s. Heck, I had a guy in an 05 GT try and run with me...sucks for him he lost . It is a custom job, that's for sure. But, you probably could have saved yourself a lot of time, money and hassle using a GM motor...not to mention gotten better gas mileage, had more power and that hearty 350 exhaust note. But to each their own
                            AMEN BROTHER!
                            1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

On a side note, little junior keeps signing up with different screen names trying to get back in here. LOL...... He doesn't quite get the fact that every single registration must be validated by an administrator. Since we all know who he is, and he can be quoted in his e-mail to me:

pinski greg <wingcb42@yahoo.com> wrote:
                              u dont read ips, the softwear reads them. ill get in eventually when u least expect it

I can now say without hesitation........................

IT'S

Comment

Working...
                              X