Robby Gordon on Pinks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robby Gordon on Pinks

I saw the interview on Speed and he's planning on bringing a Cup car with a 900 hp DEI motor...but I'll bet he brings something else. Would be fun to watch but I have no idea on the date. But if he uses the Nascar and doesn't modify it, I know it will have a horrible time launching due to balance, gearing, tires, etc. Still would be fun to watch though.
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

It would definately be sweet to see a 900hp beast goin down the track. I think this week they are doing imports v. domestics, with a turbo'd trans am (i think LS1) goin down the track against, a civic i think. Should be interesting to see though.
    -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

I wish they would run more of the new school FI setup cars insted of the old school crowd. The Fox body one was pretty good, thought it was pretty funny when he blew his hood scoop setup off. I got a respect for the Fox body's because I got friends that drive them, but even they agree the 94-04 4.6 cars are cheap and crappy. Anyways, some Vettes, F-body's (definately), and maybe some Grand National's It sucks to see people lose their rides they work hard on. Even the bike shows are fun to watch.

1992 RS 25TH Anniversary (with Heritage package) A4 305 TBI (L03), Mobile 1 Synthetic, Flowmaster 80 Series Cat-Back, 17"x 8" Cragar style rims(painted grey)/Hankook Ventus 245/45Z17....350 Coming One Day......

Comment

Originally posted by usamuscle892
        but even they agree the 94-04 4.6 cars are cheap and crappy. .
        94 and 95 Mustang GTs got the 5.0. I know this because I used to have a 94 and my friend used to have a 95, both had the 5.0 motor. The 4.6 must have started in 96.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

You're right, the 225 hp 4.6L were put into 96-98 models. Then, the 260 hp one in 99+. The '94-'95 models are dogs. They were rated at 215 hp and hit 15s. My friend had an '84 5.0 GT with only 175 hp. All he had was a K&N and was beating those '94-'95 GTs badly. He only ran mid 15s in his '84.
          94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Well the buddy I was talking about has two Fox body's and guess what, one of them has a Chevy 350! And lots and lots of other stuff too, no telling how much money is in it.

1992 RS 25TH Anniversary (with Heritage package) A4 305 TBI (L03), Mobile 1 Synthetic, Flowmaster 80 Series Cat-Back, 17"x 8" Cragar style rims(painted grey)/Hankook Ventus 245/45Z17....350 Coming One Day......

Comment

Working...
            X