so Rocky got his @$$ kicked!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so Rocky got his @$$ kicked!!!

I'm still in shock... I'm just thankful neither of them ended up with any serious injuries...

Rocky is our 5 year old male Golden Retriever...we adopted him 3 months ago or so... He's a good dog, but he does have one little problem, he's quite possesive of toys.... his or otherwise... he's growled and snarled and charged Keona, the wolfdog, and she just walks away, she knows she's not to fight... he's growled and charged at Reno, our 4 yr old golden, that out weights Rocky and is quite a bit stronger.... but reno's not a fighter, he just leaves and goes about his buss.

This is the last thing I ever expected would happen.........

yesterday, I was up on the deck covering the grill and the 3 goldens and the wolfdog were down in the yard playing and chewing on stuff... I noticed Reno had snatched Shelby's ball...(Shelby is our 9 year old female Golden, Mary's first rescue, we adopted her 2.5 years ago...she's a real sweet gentle girl, very well poised....little trouble seeing due to non-catarac stal like spots in the center of her eyes, which is non operable at this time... kinda like if you were looking through a stain glass window). Anyway...Reno dropped her ball and went on to something else.... Rocky goes trotting over to Shelby's ball and stands over it looking down....Shelby walks up...looks down at her ball....and being a smart girl, knowing how Rocky is...she just stands there.... i noticed Rocky's tail wagging....so i really wasnt concerned anything was "in the air"...especially since Shelby is a female...and never causes any ruckasess.... all of a sudden un provolked...Rocky attacks Shelby, bullying her away from the ball............................

let me tell you...what i witnessed next scared the livin chit outta me.......... before I could get to the bottom of the steps of the deck, Rocky was on the ground, squeeling like a baby pig... shelby had him pinned and had his ear in her mouth bitting down just enough without puncturing it....had one paw on his head... he was doing his best to strugle up..but she moved with each of his moves and kept him pinned....all the time bitting the crap out of his ear... his yelps were terrrible!! im yelling at the top of my lungs but they are ignoring me... i picked up two soft rubber balls and bounced them off each of them..that was enough to seperate thier heads...i reached down at the same time and grabbed thier collars and seperated them....

Shelby just took a couple of steps backwards and sat down.. Rocky got up off the ground, covered with dirt and some hay thats on the ground...with this look in his eyes like "WTF HAPPEND TO ME!!!!!!" I brushed him off, Shelby was clean... she only had one little wet spot where Rocky made his first and only charge.... I checked his ear out, it was beet red but no punctures..he was in a daze.

I took them all in the house because I was getting ready to head to the gym.... but i seperated Rocky and Shelby, let Shelby have the run of the upstairs and the others downstairs...just in case "it aint over'....

it was over. the rest of the night Shelby, would walk over to Rocky and smell his ear, like she was concerned about him...and lick his head... you could tell he had gained a tremendous amount of respect now for this ol gal....

this morning when i let them out early before work... Rocky trotted down and steered clear of Shelby's favorite toys.......

Im pretty sure its over.

Never saw that side of this sweet gentle ol gal....hope I never do again... but she was defending herself.... The more i thought about it as the day passed, the more it made some sense...she appears to come from an excellent blood line, has a lot of prey drive, and carries herself very confidently...and she's solid as a rock..no fat... weighs about 82lbs...Rocky weighs 74lbs......

yup......Rocky got whupped.........bad.....

Rocky:

Shelby:

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Great story. It's funny to watch the "food chain" being established with a small community of animals. Glad neither was hurt. I'm sure she was just making sure he knew his role.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I'm just thankful no ne was hurt bad..

Rocky goy whipped by a girl, LOL

She's Red and she's Rare.

~Black Beauty ~ Last 97 & LT1 Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by Y2KHAWK
        Rocky goy whipped by a girl, LOL
        What's wrong with that?
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I guess Shelby lives by the credo "Speak softly and carry a big stick!" It's not fun to see your dogs go at each other but sometimes it's nice to see one get put in his place.
          Dave M
          Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

she definately was in total control....... she could have hurt him, heck, she could have bit his ear off...but its clear to me she was just teaching him a lesson.....

unreal.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

That reminds me of the time we took out Collie to PA with us to visit some friends after they moved. Our Collie Shannon was about 9 at the time and as gentle as can be. Our friends had a golden that was the same age as Shannon. They would play together alot before our friends moved to PA... We knew our friends had picked up a female black lab and she was about 18 months old. Anyway all 3 dogs are running around the yard playing. The 2 older ones not as quick as the younger one. We were taking them in the house and Juno the female black lab kept after Shannon. All of a sudden we hear all this growling and we turn around and Shannon had Juno pinned to the ground and ready to go after her if she even moved. We got the 2 apart and the rest of the weekend Juno wouldn't get close to Shannon.

It was funny to see...
              2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
              1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
              2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
              2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
              2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                she definately was in total control.
                Is it not like that in real life too?
                97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

It always amazes me, dogs are much more intelligent than most people give them credit for. Looks like Shelby's actions were a prime example. I do agree that seeing your dogs going at it can be downright scary. Luckily our labs never reached that point. The younger one always backs down.
                  Joe K.
                  '11 BMW 328i
                  '10 Matrix S AWD
                  Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 96 Zeee!!
                    It always amazes me, dogs are much more intelligent than most people give them credit for. Looks like Shelby's actions were a prime example. I do agree that seeing your dogs going at it can be downright scary. Luckily our labs never reached that point. The younger one always backs down.

yes, it's funny how dogs seem to know their place in their society. Or at least work it out.
                    Dave M
                    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Rocky knows better now than to steal Shelby's toys . Sometimes this type of agression/violence is necessary to set their hierarchy in balance, despite us humans thinking it's bad.

Glad you got in there in time to break them up I could only imagine what would of happend if rocky wasn't accepting shelby's higher pack standing
                      Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                      Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                      pics and info

Comment

Working...
                      X