Had to call of today.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had to call of today.

Today is the first day that Ive had to call of from my job.(feel sick as a dog) I've been here about a year and a half. And its the first time i've called out of work in about 2 1/2 years. I hate calling out, i feel like i'm forcing my work on to my coworkers. But atleast now i have sick days so i don't have to worry about my paycheck . Well hope you guys' day is better then mine.
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Get well soon.

There is a strain of the flu passing around the northeast that you get sick, feel better and come into work again only to find out by the end of the day it's relapsing.
    Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
    Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
    pics and info

Comment

I used to feel bad about it too. But then I noticed that I didn't like it when other people came in sick. I don't want to get what they have. So now I consider it a favor or being polite to everyone else to not come in and to not get them sick. It's all in how you look at it.

Get well soon.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Yup! Stay home and get better. No reason to spread it around at work and make everyone else sick.

The people I get annoyed with are the ones who call in when they aren't sick, then have to come to work when they are sick 'cause they used all their sick time up.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
        '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
        Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Island Red
          Get well soon.

There is a strain of the flu passing around the northeast that you get sick, feel better and come into work again only to find out by the end of the day it's relapsing.
          Yup. I was lucky enough to have that last month. Having three kids passing it around also doesn't help.

Get better.
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

My dad just had a flu thing too, sounds a lot like what you were describing. He hates taking off of work too but if you get some rest, youll feel better much faster. Get well soon
            -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
              Today is the first day that Ive had to call of from my job.(feel sick as a dog) I've been here about a year and a half. And its the first time i've called out of work in about 2 1/2 years. I hate calling out, i feel like i'm forcing my work on to my coworkers. But atleast now i have sick days so i don't have to worry about my paycheck . Well hope you guys' day is better then mine.
              Don't feel bad, man. That's what sick days are for. Just think of how many times you had to cover for your co-workers?
              Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
                Don't feel bad, man. That's what sick days are for. Just think of how many times you had to cover for your co-workers?
                Thats true, and today is a day where they have extra help. So i guess they won't miss me too much Tomorrow is my scheduled day off, so i won't have to worry about being sick tomorrow (although i would hate to be sick on my day off, lol). I just hope its a 24 hour thing and not the flu. (Fingers crossed)
                2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

I read an article blurb in Playboy which said that 80% of people who could call in sick go to work on days they should stay home. I hate getting sick and I usually get it from some person who shows up sick at the office, and the whole office ends up getting it eventually. So I'm with the others who think you should stay home for a couple days when you are most contagious. usually you are the most contageous when you are feeling the worst and also when you are sneezing and coughing a lot.

You did the right thing and shouldn't feel bad about it. It's just that you have a good work ethic. Just remember, healthy persons catch an average of 2 colds a year and it's real abnormal for some to never miss work, in spite of some goofy awards you hear about for somebody who had perfect attendance for 15 years or some other such nonsense. No one will ever give you a raise or promotion for coming to work when you are sick, and they won't fire or demote you for staying home when you are sick, unless you abuse it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
                    I read an article blurb in Playboy which said that 80% of people who could call in sick go to work on days they should stay home.
                    There's articles in Playboy?
                    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

ROFL

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                      There's articles in Playboy?
                      Ahahahahahahahaha
                      2006 Saturn Ion Redline