Pinks: import vs. domestic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinks: import vs. domestic

I don't know if it was a re-run but it was a good show. It was vs two built up cars a 96 Trans Am and a 94 Civic.

I don't know if the guy with the Trans Am lied about the HP but I thought the race should have been ALOT closer then it was, at one point the Civic guys were asking for 20 car lengths and got it (the first race the Civic won).

I think the team with the Civic REALY showed all negative stereotypes of the import culture well. When they found a cut line on there car they blamed the Trans Am team for doing it in amidst themselfs speculated that the other team was cheating after every race, it was sad to see.

The Civic had 600hp and was alot lighter then the Trans Am (as the races went on it became lighter because they removed both bumpers?) where the Trans AM had eather 640 or 660hp. Listed specs I would think it should have been closer but it wasn't a contest.

The Trans am was nice, Built up engine (LT4) with a supercharger and nitrous as well as a ford 9" rear end. I think it was the best Pink show to date but I am bias Anyone else see it?
    94 Formula Firebird, 355, heads port and polished, cc503 cam, 30# injectors, PCMforless Tune, B&M 2400 stall, K&N CAI, BBK Sorty Headers, Magnaflow Highflow Cat, Borla Catback exhaust with electronic cutout.

dangit missed it ..oh well thats what re-runs are for

btw who won?
    1997 Trans AM WS6 vert
    1 of 463
    LT4 knock module
    D. Goetz sub-frame connectors.
    strut tower brace
    SLP fan switch
    160* t/stat
    Drilled and slotted rotors/ Earls SS brake lines/ Hawk pads
    DMS 1.5" progressive lowering springs

Pictures Here

Comment

The guy in the Trans AM of course

the best quote was from the guy who drove the Trans AM, when he was handed the Civic's keys he asked if it got good gas mileage
      94 Formula Firebird, 355, heads port and polished, cc503 cam, 30# injectors, PCMforless Tune, B&M 2400 stall, K&N CAI, BBK Sorty Headers, Magnaflow Highflow Cat, Borla Catback exhaust with electronic cutout.

Comment

I watched it. I loved how the guys in the Civic corner were saying "represent the imports". Yeah... Way to represent the imports.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Hold on...

You're saying that the 640 HP Trans Am destroyed a 600 HP Civic? By more than 20 car lengths????
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

That was the claimed HP from both camps. It happened though.
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
              Hold on...

You're saying that the 640 HP Trans Am destroyed a 600 HP Civic? By more than 20 car lengths????
              I think what he was saying is that the civic needed 20 car lengths to beat the TA...
              Greg W. in West Michigan
              1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
              1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
              1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
              1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
              1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
              <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                Hold on...

Yeah, That's what I said. I'm thinking those are his numbers without the nitrous. Either that or the Civic owner should never be allowed behind the wheel of a car again.
                Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                SOLD- Kinda miss it
                94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                SOLD- Good riddance!
                2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

To me the show's silly. I watched a couple of them last year, didn't bother after that.

Why not use a real starting line to avoid obvious fouls. I saw one pass last night while spinning the cable dial, where the first guy left when the starter's arms started to move up and the other guy left when they came down. And a timing system (observable only to the audience) would at least allow people to assess what kind of performance each car is capable of. A 600HP 4th Gen might be running high 10's at 128mph, and the Honda should be low 9's at over 145mph. Obviously somebody lied.... with a timing system, at least the audience would have an idea of what the real HP was.

Somebody on another board said the "tuner" on the Honda was Jeff Creech??
                  Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

No, the Civic asked for 20 car lengths after loosing the first 2 races and the Civic won that race (that was the first race the F-body couldn't get into 2nd gear, didn't want to spoil the show for anyone who didn't see it) Also the Civic put on slicks and took there bumpers off there car here too.

The Civic also won the next race with 8 car lengths I think, still the f-body couldnt get into 2nd.

the last race was with the Nitrous and the civic only having 2 car lengths on the f-body (I dont know why on earth he agreed to that!) I taped it and can recap it later on if anyone wants me to with all the specs but I don't realy want to because I am lazzy

Comment

The guy with the Fbird is Jeff from CamaroZ28.com. There is a really long thread about it over there where Jeff actually tells a more in depth version of what happenned. Jeff also posts a link to a write-up he did on the whole experience.

He won the guys car and took it back to his shop to flog on the dyno, but sold it back to him afterwards because the owner of the Honda cried and had something like a nervous breakdown. I guess he had to go to the hospital he was so upset. Why would he agree to race if he wasn't prepared for the possibility of losing his car?

Anyways, it was nice that they showed how a F-body can devistate the imports on national TV for all to see.
                      Tracy
                      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                      Current Mods:
                      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
                        To me the show's silly. I watched a couple of them last year, didn't bother after that.

Why not use a real starting line to avoid obvious fouls. I saw one pass last night while spinning the cable dial, where the first guy left when the starter's arms started to move up and the other guy left when they came down. And a timing system (observable only to the audience) would at least allow people to assess what kind of performance each car is capable of. A 600HP 4th Gen might be running high 10's at 128mph, and the Honda should be low 9's at over 145mph. Obviously somebody lied.... with a timing system, at least the audience would have an idea of what the real HP was.

Creech!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wtf??? sheez

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
                          No, Jeff Creech tuned the F-body.
                          1993 Formula Firebird
                          Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

I have been reading this stuff all afternoon, the LT1 Dyno numbers are 746hp 821ft-tq. For the show they detuned it because the producers asked them to so they could fairly compete with the Civic, and the Civic apparently was VARRY fast mid 500's on the show but after they won it and took it back to there shop it made mid 600's. It came to the guy driving the Civic didn't know how to drive his car.

The driver of the Trans AM said he sold back the car to the guy because the Civic guy was having a break down and his dad said he would buy him a Z06 to replace his car and the Trans Am guy didn't want him to have a real car.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightFire
                              No, Jeff Creech tuned the F-body.
                              For those of you who don't know Jeff:
                              http://www.gotmilkracing.com/

http://www.carolinaautomasters.com/

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
                              '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
                              Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Working...
                              X