Fast & The Furious 3: Tokyo Drift

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast & The Furious 3: Tokyo Drift

Great. Another one. As if its not bad enough that ricers try to race every chance they get, Now they will be drifting in the streets. Most of them dont have the driving skills to drive normally... Never mind if they are trying to drift race someone else. They body shops are going to love it.

Follow the link & watch the trailer. I saw a few muscle cars towards the end... But they all get wrecked.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/thef...okyodrift.html
    No F-Body right now

I wonder if its going to have a line like this in it
    "I live my life one drift at a time"

94 Formula Firebird, 355, heads port and polished, cc503 cam, 30# injectors, PCMforless Tune, B&M 2400 stall, K&N CAI, BBK Sorty Headers, Magnaflow Highflow Cat, Borla Catback exhaust with electronic cutout.

Comment

I like to race inside of parking garages too!! lol those have to be the most rediculous movies out there, but it makes the ricer crowd feel better about themselves, now if we could only find a movie that would make them dress less like the poser mobile guys...

EDIT* I just watched it again and just...ugh...and people take this stuff seriously!!!
      -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

I didn't watch the vid but I think drifting is kinda cool.
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

I aggree that drifting is kinda cool, but if you watch the trailer, you will understand what we are talking about. They way they do it is completely rediculous. They are flying around city streets & parking garages...sideways! With almost no control. All of us here know its just a movie and wont try to actually do it on public streets. However, the people that are going to watch that movie dont seem to know the difference from what I see on the roads everyday.

Anyone on this board that says they dont street race is a liar. But I think we can all aggree that drifting is definitly a type of racing that is not for the street.
          No F-Body right now

Comment

Originally posted by Mark B
            I aggree that drifting is kinda cool, but if you watch the trailer, you will understand what we are talking about. They way they do it is completely rediculous. They are flying around city streets & parking garages...sideways! With almost no control. All of us here know its just a movie and wont try to actually do it on public streets. However, the people that are going to watch that movie dont seem to know the difference from what I see on the roads everyday.

Anyone on this board that says they dont street race is a liar. But I think we can all aggree that drifting is definitly a type of racing that is not for the street.
            Just watched it. Looks like a typical car movie. Illegal street action, girls and some stupid plot. Par for the course.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
              Just watched it. Looks like a typical car movie. Illegal street action, girls and some stupid plot. Par for the course.
              Come on, Norm. Surely you drift with your '06.

Right.... Like those huge meats would allow you to drift.
              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                Come on, Norm. Surely you drift with your '06.

Right.... Like those huge meats would allow you to drift.
                It does power slides almost every day.
                I already have my new tires picked out.

Comment

you wait...that movie will come out and for the rest of the summer ricers will be out drifting (trying to) the city streets and they'll be thousands of serious accidents....with innocent folks involved. suks.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                  Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                  sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I don't think I could wait for it to come out!! If I was still in middle school...
                    Joe K.
                    '11 BMW 328i
                    '10 Matrix S AWD
                    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Drifting in Canada is huge...happens every winter...

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                      Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                      6.2L/382.97 ci
                      Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                      WCT-5 speed
                      BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                      Boss MS 18" Rims
                      Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                      Custom Dual exhaust
                      1LE upgrade
                      Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
                      In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

you wait...that movie will come out and for the rest of the summer ricers will be out drifting (trying to) the city streets and they'll be thousands of serious accidents....with innocent folks involved. suks.
                        Exactly
                        No F-Body right now

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                          yup...most of them probably think drifting can be done with FWDs.

Drifiting is cool...I attend Formula D events everytime they come to Atlanta. It's crazy fun...but now, ricers are gonna take a growing serious sport into the gutters. how sad...

wolfie is right though...I remember when the first F&F came out and how crazy all of them were leaving the parking lots and driving on the roads. This one is gonna scare me.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Thats what i was thinking too, all the FWD cars will be just embarrassing themselves as they don't realize you really need a RWD car. And I think everyone is still seeing the impact of that movie as every summer they crowd the streets racing anything on wheels (and losing) then doing flybys at 75+ in crowded areas, this isnt going to help
                            -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

It's all a big conspiracy brought about by the tire manufacturers in order to sell more tires.

Comment

Working...
                              X